Two Colors On Cake

Decorating By joyfullnoize Updated 21 Nov 2013 , 10:41pm by AnnieCahill

joyfullnoize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullnoize Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 10:57am
post #1 of 6

Can someone please tell me how to do the effect of, having one color on top of the cake, surrounded by another color as a border?  I wanted to royal blue around the cake about 2 inches, and then have a white square in the center...how do you do it, so the colors won't bleed, and how do you keep it neat?

Please help.

5 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 6

I would ice it white first, pop it in the fridge, and then make your square imprint on the cake using a cutter or template.  Then, with a basket weave tip (because it's got straight lines) pipe around your square imprint in your second color.  Then you'd need to go over it with a spatula and gently smooth it to get rid of the lines.  I hope that makes sense.

joyfullnoize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullnoize Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 

I would ice it white first, pop it in the fridge, and then make your square imprint on the cake using a cutter or template.  Then, with a basket weave tip (because it's got straight lines) pipe around your square imprint in your second color.  Then you'd need to go over it with a spatula and gently smooth it to get rid of the lines.  I hope that makes sense.

That makes total sense.  Thank you so much.  It looks so easy when you see it on a cake, but that couldn't be farther than the truth.

I will try that method.  Thanks again!

AnnieCahill Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 6

That's just how I would do it...there may be a better way.  Good luck!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 6

AnnieCahilI: you must be a masterful buttercream artist.  I wouldn't even try......at least not in buttercream.  And It would have never occurred to me to do it that way.

Ahh, the wonderful neatness of fondant, the straight lines, the decorative geometric shapes. I'd just cut a marshmallow fondant square and slap it on top.

AnnieCahill Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 6

ALol I'd do the same!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%