Delivering Cupcakes And Cakes 4 Hours Away?

Decorating By jaseyer Updated 22 Nov 2013 , 5:02pm by jaseyer

jaseyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaseyer Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 12:08am
post #1 of 9

my aunt's friend is ordering 5 dozen cupcakes with boiled icing and 5 2-layer 9-inch chocolate cakes( i use the hershey's recipe), but the thing is he lives 4 hours away from us(or maybe even 5 if there's traffic). We don't have a car, so my aunt,who's gonna deliver it, is gonna take a bus. I'm fine with the cupcakes since it's just boiled icing, but i'm worrying that the cake might fall since it's hot here (i live in the philippines), but he really wants it so i suggested a 1-layer 9x13 cake instead. What do you guys think? Please suggest something since he needs it 2 weeks from now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

8 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 2:41am
post #2 of 9

AFour hours there and four hours back?

That's more than eight hours of travel time, not including the cost of the bus ticket (?!?!?). I don't know what you're charging for the actual product being ordered, but delivery charges will most likely be equal to or greater than the cost of the order.

Is the client aware of this?

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 3:02am
post #3 of 9

AI'm going to assume things are done differently in the Philippines, I can't imagine taking 5 dozen cupcakes AND 5 9 inch cakes on a bus to start with, never mind for 4 hours. Surely your client can't be on board with that.

IowaBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IowaBaker Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:22am
post #4 of 9

AIt sounds like a bad idea to me. Besides the heat and the vibration of the bus trip, how would one person manage loading and unloading so much? I don't think I could carry it all.

jaseyer Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:45am
post #5 of 9

i keep telling them that i'm okay with the cupcakes but i can't do the cakes but they're really persistent

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:48am
post #6 of 9

AYou're obviously not charging enough! Seriously they have to realize that traveling that distance with cakes on a bus is a really bad idea. And if they're so far away what can they do - they can't come and force you to bake.

jaseyer Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:52am
post #7 of 9

Ashould i cancel it?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 4:45pm
post #8 of 9

AI would charge a delivery fee of $600 to cover travel time. If the customer doesn't want to pay the delivery fee, they can pick up the order themselves.

I'm curious, how would your aunt handle 5 dozen cupcakes and 5 two layer cakes by herself on the bus?

jaseyer Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 9

Awoah $600 is 25,000 pesos.LOL. anyways, my aunt cancelled it thank goodness!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%