"featured On Cake Central" Badge

Business By kisamarie Updated 20 Nov 2013 , 8:25am by CWR41

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 2:05am
post #1 of 18

ADoes anyone know what the rules are for using the "I was featured on cake central" badge and where do you get the link so you can use it? One of my cakes was featured in the Top Lace Inspired Cakes article and I wasn't sure if that qualified...:)

17 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 18

No rules (that I'm aware of) -- once your profile has been featured, you're free to use the badge as you like (it's suggested to proudly display on your website), and you receive the code in an e-mail.  You can ask Jackie if you qualify, but I believe they've only awarded them once (2011) and haven't updated acknowledgements since.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 18

AI thought the badge was only if you were featured in their magazine, not the blog?

CWR41 Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixinarow 

I thought the badge was only if you were featured in their magazine, not the blog?

No, I'd post a link to the "top 25" announcement, but currently there's an error message.

kisamarie Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 18

AI tried to message Jackie a while ago about it, but I never heard anything back from her. Thanks for the info guys!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 18 Nov 2013 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 18

I know there are a couple of badges.  One for being featured in the magazine and the other being featured on Cake Central (example for participating in the Luck's edible images contest).

You are free to use them on your websites, Facebook, portfolio etc. and encouraged to do so.

kisamarie Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 1:06am
post #7 of 18

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

I know there are a couple of badges.  One for being featured in the magazine and the other being featured on Cake Central (example for participating in the Luck's edible images contest).

You are free to use them on your websites, Facebook, portfolio etc. and encouraged to do so.

Do you know where you find the badges HTML to copy to your site? Thanks!

GigisFreshBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GigisFreshBaked Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 1:22am
post #8 of 18

They usually email you the link if you've been featured.  Try emailing the associate editor that picked you or produced the segment you were featured in, if it wasn't Jackie.  You'll probably hear something back faster that way.

JWinslow Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 2:50am
post #9 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisamarie 

Do you know where you find the badges HTML to copy to your site? Thanks!

When you are notified that your cake (treat) is either featured on the site or in the magazine they automatically send it to you. 

I don't believe the Top (category) cakes or Friday faves qualifies for the "feature" badge. 

kisamarie Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:28am
post #10 of 18

AOk, I didn't even know it was in the article until I saw someone post a link on Pinterest, and my cake was there, in the article. That helped though, thank you!

sixinarow Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:36am
post #11 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 

When you are notified that your cake (treat) is either featured on the site or in the magazine they automatically send it to you. 

I don't believe the Top (category) cakes or Friday faves qualifies for the "feature" badge. 

That's what I thought too! :-D

kiwimiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwimiriam Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 4:18am
post #12 of 18

I was lucky enough to have one of my cakes in the Friday Faves, and was sent an email with the url for the badge.  Below is from the email I received.

"You can now proudly display an "I Was Featured on Cake Central" badge on your website! Just copy and paste the code attached to this email to your website or blog."

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 5:47am
post #13 of 18

ACongrats!

sixinarow Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 4:44pm
post #14 of 18

A

Original message sent by kiwimiriam

I was lucky enough to have one of my cakes in the Friday Faves, and was sent an email with the url for the badge.  Below is from the email I received.

"You can now proudly display an "I Was Featured on Cake Central" badge on your website! Just copy and paste the code attached to this email to your website or blog."

Were you featured recently? One of my cakes was a Friday Faves about a month ago, but I never got an email about it. Seems there's a lot of badge confusion! LOL! Congrats btw!

kiwimiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwimiriam Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 6:53pm
post #15 of 18

Quote:

Were you featured recently? One of my cakes was a Friday Faves about a month ago, but I never got an email about it. Seems there's a lot of badge confusion! LOL! Congrats btw!

This was back in May, so not sure if things have changed since then???

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 9:07pm
post #16 of 18

Hi there!  So although I know a lot since I write for the mag and regularly talk to Leanne and Jackie, and I don't know 100%, but, the badges are only for being featured in the mag.  Last year they did badges for year end "top of" or something like that.  I got one and never did anything with it.  The Friday faves photos are just pictures management saw uploaded and decided to feature on the home page.  They have only been very regular with this over the past several months and I do not believe the cakes that are featured get a badge, at least I've never gotten one for that.  If you got a badge for it, say, prior to May of this year, I think that was back when there weren't daily posts on the home page and blog featuring cakes.

JWinslow Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 9:16pm
post #17 of 18

Quote:

Me also.  Made the Friday favs but never received an email

CWR41 Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 8:25am
post #18 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Last year they did badges for year end "top of" or something like that.

Recognition for "top 25..." categories were issued on New Year's Eve 2011 for the year -- they skipped 2012.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%