Help Finding Scrolls For Cake

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 14 Nov 2013 , 7:36pm by DeniseNH

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 7

A bride is wanting me to design a wedding cake inspired by the lace scrolls on the attached picture.  Any idea where to find the scroll cutters or molds?  I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything similar.  Your help is much appreciated.  Thank you!

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 7

there's not too many--i would cut out those shapes and use both ends of the ball tool to curl the edges up like that- the small ball for the skinny more linear scrolls--the big end for the larger end pieces-if you practice a bit you can get there--then just make the flowers out of a flower cutter and small blossoms linked together--i would make it up--


there's probably cutters out there but i mean how often you gonna really use 'em? and they cost a fortune--


pretty cake


or you could even over pipe the edges to get the texture/depth there--maybe brush the piping to make it look seamless 

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 7

AThere's a JEM scroll cutter out there that's what it looks like to me. I wasted money on that cutter and did not like it at all. You're better off doing what Kate said

hotbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hotbaker Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 7

Looks like only two cutters. The scroll and the flower. Start with Global Sugar Arts. They may be using molds not cutters. Consider using a mold or cutter of your own choosing and give it your own creative touch!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 7

and of course there's those big rose petals too--that makes it even easier visually too--just plop those around --

sameera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sameera Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 7

I know this one..It's from Wilton Gum paste molds available in Michaels, hobby lobby or Joann fabrics ..Good luck!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 14 Nov 2013 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 7

I have a set of metal scroll cutters, then I would place them between a doublesided lace mold and press in a design.  I have used the Gem Cutter Scrolls and loved them.  They impress a design in each.  The only thing I would add is to lightly apply a coat of Crisco to the surface of the paste you're about to cut and it will come right out of the cutter/mold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%