Moist Cakes

Baking By pennypk10 Updated 12 Nov 2013 , 12:37am by blwilley

pennypk10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennypk10 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 11:08am
post #1 of 3

AHello all,

Just wanted to know if there is anything that your supposed to put in or do to make cakes moist in the middle.

Thanks

2 replies
elisaber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisaber Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 11:56am
post #2 of 3

I take it it's not just in the middle you want your cakes to be moist? :-)

Many things come into play here, first of all the recipe used - some recipes just seem to make for dryer cakes, so make sure you experiment to find a good recipe.

Over-baking is the number one enemy of moistness, so make sure you don't bake your cake too long or at too high a temperature. Again, you'll have to experiment to find the temp and cooking time that yields the best result.

A little trick to make sure the cake is/stays moist, is to soak it in some sort of liquid (milk/orange juice or similar) before filling, or to brush each layer with simple syrup after torting.

Edit: When I say "soak" I don't literally mean soak your cake, but brush or spray it with the liquid :-)

blwilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blwilley Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:37am
post #3 of 3

Quote: pennypk10

Hello all,

Just wanted to know if there is anything that your supposed to put in or do to make cakes moist in the middle.

Thanks

Hi, I have been having terrific results with brushing, or spraying, each layer liberally with the simple syrup mixture.  Boil 50/50 sugar & water, cool, then brush it on each layer before icing it.  Can flavor syrup to go with cake or icing, but works effectively as is.  Moisturizes the cake, enhances the flavor of the cake, and helps to keep it fresher longer, well over a week, and that was not even in the frig.  Give it a try, I know you will like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%