Buttercream Help (Newbie To Cupcake Decorating Aust)

Decorating By Mars C71 Updated 9 Nov 2013 , 11:11am by kyliecake

Mars C71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mars C71 Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 10:32am
post #1 of 2

AHi guys, I have recently been baking cupcakes for friends parties which I enjoy . Have come across a few problems with different types of butters. I have used several brands one in particular Western Star and even after leaving out on the bench to reach room temperature , the butter seems to be still firm to beat and does not whiten. I have also tried NZ butter and that did not beat well at all , it was lumpy even after leaving out at room temp. Can anyone offer any suggestions please . I don't wish to use margarine as do not want to risk my buttercream softening as we don't have Crisco here in Australia. Would appreciate any suggestions, thanking you all in advance . Love this forum and reading everyone's ideas & suggestions

1 reply
kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 11:11am
post #2 of 2

Hi Mars,

i just use home brand butter (coles) and don't have any trouble at all.  i leave it on the bench for a couple of hours if possible, otherwise will put it in microwave on reduced power for a little while.  You are never going to get it completely white however, only a pale yellow/creamy colour. if you want pure white, you need to go to a cake deco shop and buy the shortening that you add a packet of pure icing sugar to or something like "so lite" also from cake deco shops. hope it helps.

Kylie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%