Friday Night Cake Club For 11/08/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 11 Nov 2013 , 1:50am by Rosie93095

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 3:49am
post #1 of 10

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to come talk about their week, share photos of their work, ask for help if they need it or provide help if you can. Hope to see lots of photos tonight!

Cat

9 replies
catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 3:50am
post #2 of 10

The only cake I had this week was our own Anniversary cake. I did take photos but haven't taken them off my camera yet. I'll work on that tonight!

Cat

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 4:09am
post #3 of 10

Happy Anniversary Cat!!!

This week I made a 6" fall-themed cake.  I will post a picture when I get my SD card out of my camera.  I was very happy about how it came out, and I have discovered that my favorite cakes to make are small, because they don't weigh much and details show up nicely!

catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 4:44am
post #4 of 10

Thanx! Looks like we both have some editing time to spend tonight! LOL!

Cat

catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 6:23am
post #5 of 10

Our Anniversary Cake. Sweet vanilla cake filled with dark chocolate mousse and topped with milk chocolate ganache. Perfectly sized for 4. It was GONE just minutes after I took this photo! LOL!  The left over mousse and ganache I swirled together and layered it in glasses for another dessert tonight. YUMMY!

Cat

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 10

I have nothing finished for this week, but next week I have a three tier cake for Monday, a two tier for Tuesday and a single tier for Wednesday - and I am away for the weekend!  So everything is getting baked, filled and ganached this week and put in the freezer for then.  Fortunately the decor is really simple for all the cakes so it shouldn't be too hard to cover them and finish them in time.  It's great to have stuff to do, but I do find it hard to balance my life and my cakes!

catlharper Posted 9 Nov 2013 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 10

Lizzie...I find it very hard too. November is pretty much a month off till Thanksgiving. I do a lot of baking with pumpkins but that's all just for us. I'm now booking for January/February. Spent my morning dealing with cake orders and party plans for those months. So I'm going to enjoy the next two weeks of just baking for family before the Christmas orders hit!

Cat

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 3:45am
post #8 of 10

No cakes this week.  Instead I have made about 80 chocolates with chocolate/caramel filling and caramel/pear filling.  YUM

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 10 Nov 2013 , 4:03am
post #9 of 10

Here is the fall themed cake:

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 1:50am
post #10 of 10

This is my first attempt at carving a cake. It is a pirate ship for my grandson's 3rd birthday. Dark chocolate cake with both vanilla and chocolate BC fillings. Covered with fondant "planks" made to look like wood.

The second picture is after I added the "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" figurines. Considering it was 80 degrees here in sunny FL and windy, the cake stood up to the challenge and the kids loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%