Cake Pops Help

Decorating By Sweet Swirls Updated 5 Nov 2013 , 5:59pm by karess

Sweet Swirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Swirls Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 8

I need to do some cake pops for a wedding.  I tried melting the Candy Melts but the consistency was not right.  Any suggestions on using the Candy Melts or recommendations on chocolate that I can melt would be great.  I also need the chocolate in white, ivory and lavendar (3 colors).  Any recommendations on how to color the chocolate?

Thank you.

7 replies
virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 8

use Paramount Crystals to fix consistency issues...

many people recommend Merckens brand, personally I use Almond Bark...

use oil-based candy coloring to tint melted candy or chocolate...

karess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karess Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 1:34am
post #3 of 8

I love Merkens and Guittard but I think almond bark works perfectly as well. I have had almost no luck with wilton's candy melts. I still have some bags but I mainly use them for coloring (ex. mix a little red with a ton of almond bark/merkens/guittard to make pink). Candy oil colors are definitely the way to go if you can't find a bag of lavender candy wafers. 

Sweet Swirls Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 1:53am
post #4 of 8

Thank you virago for your suggestions, I will definately look into them.

Sweet Swirls Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 1:54am
post #5 of 8

Thank you Karess, I will consider the Almond Bard and candy oil colors.  I appreciate your reply.

Donnawb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnawb Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 8

I like Guittard as well.  If you're near a Hobby Lobby, their brand, Make N Mold is really good....the white color melts in the large bag.  If you don't have access to paramount crystals, you can thin the chocolate with shortening.  However, Guittard white and Make N Mold in white usually don't need to be thinned.

karess Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 8

AOoh yes! The make n mold white wafers melt so thin.. Love them!! But make sure it's the 2.5 pound bag. I got mine off consumercrafts.com because I don't live near a hobby lobby. I think they call it the "white wedding wafers" (or something like that)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%