My Little Pony

Decorating By ronya Updated 25 Jan 2014 , 5:42pm by Cake That

ronya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ronya Posted 3 Nov 2013 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 10

AMy niece's birthday is around the corner and I was asked to make my little pony cake pops. Anyone have any idea on how to make one?

9 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 12:53am
post #2 of 10

If you're looking for really easy, here is an idea: http://www.lifenut.com/blog/?p=6935

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMacca Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 2:12am
post #3 of 10

AGoogle "My Little Pony cakes" and find a picture you like that matches your skill level.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 10:59am
post #4 of 10

AI would make the cake pops in the colours of the "mane six" ponies accented with their mane colours. Example: yellow pops with pink accents for Fluttershy, blue pops with multi-colour accents for Rainbow Dash. If you are feeling really adventurous you could try piping or painting the ponies cutie marks on some!

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 10

I totally didn't read the original post fully! Cake POPS! Sorry!! But it's a cute cake idea I posted! 

I'm not one to give advice on cake pops........made them once. Never again! :-D

ronya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ronya Posted 4 Nov 2013 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 10

AThanks ladies for your help! I'm going to tackle this project today!

LadyMacca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMacca Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 2:12am
post #7 of 10

ALol wow, I totally missed the "pops" part too! Good luck!

reesedonahue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesedonahue Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 10

AYou dip the cake pops in icing

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 5:08pm
post #9 of 10

AI use a regular sponge cake. Break it into crumbs and add butter cream just enough to bind it. Make the balls (about heaped t.spoon) Fridge them for about an hour. Then make a hole with the cake pop stick. Then dip the stick in chocolate or cake pop melts and insert it back into the the cake pop. Fridge it again till set. Then dip and decorate. Made them a couple of times but they are a pain.

I am planning to make then for a party to use with a chocolate fountain

Cake That Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake That Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 10

AIf you have a steady hand maybe round pops with their cutie marks would be cute. As for making them, I'm a huge fan of tearing up a cake and then crumbling it in the food processor, then once its all super fine crumbs add frosting 1TBS at a time until it just starts to stick nicely into a ball. Too much frosting causes oil to leak out of the pop, cracks and sometimes they might even fall off the sticks. So go slow when adding in the frosting to make your cake pop dough

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%