Need Help With Barbie Doll Cake?

Decorating By Sylkladie Updated 7 Feb 2014 , 9:11pm by Sylkladie

Sylkladie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sylkladie Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 8

I have done a few Barbie Doll cakes, but I have a customer who wants me to make a barbie doll cake for her daughters sweet 16th birthday for 100 people.  I was thinking of doing a 12" a 10" and the barbie doll cake, but not sure if those sizes would feed 100, can anyone tell me if these sizes will work or do I need to go bigger?  Thanks.

7 replies
cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 8

AJeez. Can't you just do a tiered cake with barbie as the top tier?

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 1:28am
post #3 of 8

The Wilton cake serving chart says a 12 inch and 10 inch cake will serve 68. 

You'll have to use My Size Barbie to make a cake big enough to feed all those kids! Remember that thing? HAHA! 

Back to serious now...if those serve 68 and you add the Barbie on top, it won't add that many more servings because she's not a full cake. she's carved. You could probably make the 12 inch and 10 inch 3 layers to feed more people...just a thought. 

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 2:02am
post #4 of 8

AI'm getting 94 servings, wedding size, from the wilton chart. What are you using for the Barbie cake? Wilton's wonder mold pan holds a full cake mix, which should yield at least 24 servings.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 8

It really depends on your budget and her desires.  Does she want one huge (Lifesize) Barbie like Tori Spelling did?  Or does she want a regular size Barbie princess cake incorporated into a larger cake?

Did the client have her own idea?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 8

My doll cakes are always the same...a 6/7/8.   I had to do one that needed more servings, so I put it on a square.  Square  (or round) can be a single or double...depending on the amount of servings needed.

tn_1200_02ae420e5cef77ceb1cfad6369ee6a89.jpg.png

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 8

A[ATTACHMENT=1355][IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3126321/width/350/height/700[/IMG][/ATTACHMENT]I agree with the above poster to put a typical Barbie cake on top of a larger one. Here's the one we do often. I start with a 5"/6"/7" rounds for the skirt since I don't want her to look too hippy. You can make the bottom tier as big as you need.

Sylkladie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sylkladie Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 8

PLEASE HELP ASAP, ok, so I have another dilemma on this cake doll, mom, gave me a pic of the dress her daughter will be wearing a week before event and it's a beautiful dress a light pink dress with white appliques of roses and leaves on the top cascading to almost the waist. there are more appliques at the bottom of the dress as well as on the back from the waist all the way to the bottom. problem is not sure how to do this I have some molds of flowers but way too big for the top of the dress I tried sizing them down but still too big, I thought maybe I could paint the flowers and leaves free hand but not sure if that will work well, I really want it too look elegant and professional, any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%