Thank You Members For Your Help...from Newbee

Decorating By dreamycakes1 Updated 25 Oct 2013 , 5:05am by dreamycakes1

dreamycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamycakes1 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone, 

First I would like to thank you all for contributing the techniques and tutorials. This is very help for those who are starting to bake.   

I started to bake when I was a kid (around 10 years old) but as I grow I focused on my studies and finished my Engineering degree. after I worked for 5 years as an Engineer I gave birth to a beautiful boy. I'm on my maternity and now I started to bake back. Beginning of this month, I did a cake for my niece, who turned 1. That was my 1st cake. I looked at some youtube videos lesson and planned to do 2d Minnie mouse cake. But that night I had a dream about 3D Minnie mouse face with 3 tier cake. next day morning my plan was changed to 3D Minnie mouse cake with 3 tier as I dreamed. I was scared to do this Since this is the first time after 20 years.I didn't let my brother or sister in law about the 3D. I was thinking if its screwed up I can go back to 2D Minnie mouse.  With my mom's help to look after my kid, I started to bake.  I used styrofoam and balls for the face and one cake tier and other 2 were styrofoam as well. I used fondant for covering and butter cream for the filling of my cake. Final cake took me about 5 to 6 hours of work.

Everyone came to the party asked my brother how much he spend for the cake. He told the guest that I made it, they came congratulate me and 2 of them asked me do I do it professionally and how much I charge since they want the birthday cake for upcoming 1st birthdays. I was soo happy, and my brother told me why don't I start a business for part time.  This is my story :)

Now I'm thinking to start a business. I need all your support. 

This is the cake that I made for my niece

5 replies
docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 6

AWelcome to CC DremyCakes!

:USA:

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 6

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 6

Beautiful cake for your niece!  And congrats on your baby boy!  I hope you continue to have time for baking.

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 6

ARut-roah Mimi! Did i miss being chastised at some point??:USA:

dreamycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamycakes1 Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 5:05am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%