Satin Ice At Kroger

Decorating By Crissa Updated 23 Oct 2013 , 4:23pm by -K8memphis

Crissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissa Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone!

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but a few weeks ago I found Satin Ice at KROGER!  It was expensive - $10 for 1 1/2 lbs - and they only have vanilla and chocolate, but hey, it was there!  I much prefer MMF but it's so nice to know I can run over there in an emergency and not have to rely on Wilton or wait for Hobby Lobby to open!

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast...

2 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 3

AI have seen 5 lb buckets of white at Hobby Lobby too. With the 40% off coupon, it's cheaper than a 2 lb bucket at my local cake supply shop. I saw HL also had small boxes of red and black Satin Ice last time I was in there but I didn't see the stop to get the size or price - was in a rush.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 3

flabbergasted -- it's unreal how many specialized products are available everywhere--does not cease to amaze me--crazy crazy--and another indicator to me of how the economy is homogenizing--melting down--plus it used to be that specialized product suppliers would only deal with cake shops right--now they wanna get in on every sale possibly possible--and that's true of so many things--

wilton opened pandora's box and there ain't no going back--

plus tv shows using the products where peeps are probably asking at the stores too--5 years ago you could have asked all day every day & they would not have carried them  though--

ramble ramble

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%