Hot Hands - Modeling Clay

Decorating By melissamc Updated 23 Oct 2013 , 2:35pm by BrandisBaked

melissamc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissamc Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 3:49am
post #1 of 5

ASo this is my first time ever working with it. My hands are always super hot. I'm new to this hobby and I think kneading will come very easy to me. I have 2 cakes I need to finish by Friday. A halloween birthday cake and an avengers birthday cake. From looking at examples of halloween cakes, I decided to try modeling chocolate vs fondant or gum paste for the decorations. And so far I love it. I made little pumpkins tonight. They were coming out very cute. It was very easy to fix imperfections. When it came to adding the little stems, my hands kept melting the dough to where I had to let it dry to continue. Does anyone else have this problem? I could have stuck them in the freezer for a sec, but then they would have melted as soon as I touched them again. Maybe an ice cold bowl of water to dip my hands in? But I figure as soon as I dry my hands, they will be hot again. Any suggestions? Much appreciated. Thanks!!!

4 replies
coke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coke Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

keep an ice pack beside you and use it to cool down your hands /fingers as needed.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 5:12am
post #3 of 5

ALatex gloves will help too.

melissamc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissamc Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 5

AReally. I figured I'd have more problems with it sticking to the gloves. I'll try both suggestions. Thanks!!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

AI have hot hands too, and I use gloves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%