Charging For Cupcakes

Baking By Janet 510 Updated 23 Oct 2013 , 11:48am by Janet 510

Janet 510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janet 510 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:14am
post #1 of 7

AHi everyone! I received and order to make 110 cupcakes. The problem that I have is not knowing how much to charge?:) Thank you!

6 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:49am
post #2 of 7

How did your customer agree to purchase from you without knowing a price first? 

Liz

Janet 510 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:55am
post #3 of 7

AThey haven't been given a price just yet.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 3:07am
post #4 of 7

ACheck out the Pricing Formula link in my signature below. Depending on the complexity of the design and the cost of living in your area, the price for this order would typically be in the $300-500 range.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 3:07am
post #5 of 7

the best thing to do is a search under "pricing" on this website.  There is TONS to read.  No one can tell you what to charge, you have to figure that out on your own by doing research.

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

Jason is on the money. I have read his Pricing Formula link and it is extremely helpful! I also did research in my area to find out what others were charging for their cupcakes and cakes. I didn't want to be way under them or over charging. In my town, $3 to $3.25 is the going rate for cupcakes. 

My mantra, if the customer doesn't want to pay for your hard work, you don't want them as customers. I have learned this the hard way. Undercutting myself and coming out with no profit at all. Not doing it anymore. It doesn't hurt my feelings if someone wants to go to Walmart and purchase their cake instead. :)

Janet 510 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 11:48am
post #7 of 7

AThank you Jason! I will look into it. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%