New Cake Toys?

Decorating By annakat444 Updated 22 May 2014 , 8:44pm by carmon stewart

annakat444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annakat444 Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 7

My birthday was this past weekend and I got some money, I was thinking about getting some new cake toys! I was thinking about sugarveil and some new molds from First Impressions. Any other ideas? I don't have an airbrush machine, but I honestly don't see myself using it very often. Oh - and my husband got me the pasta sheet attachment for my KA!!! :D

6 replies
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 7

I enjoy the sugar clay gun and finally invested in the Agbay leveler.  I didn't have success with sugarveil though the DVD made it look so easy.  I also like to invest in DVDs to learn new techniques and now Cake Central is offering the Craftsy classes.  I enrolled in one but don't have a laptop computer so it's not as convenient for me to use as the DVDs that I can pop into  a player right in front of me and watch and do and rewind as many times as needed.

chocaholikk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocaholikk Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 7

AI really want a kopykake projector my anniversary is around the corner....hubby will hav a hole in his pocket this time lol

chocaholikk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocaholikk Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 7

APs happy birthday xxx

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 7

AI didn't think I would use an airbrush machine often either but then I was gifted one and I use it so often!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by annakat444 
 "...... Oh - and my husband got me the pasta sheet attachment for my KA!!! :D

annakat444: for that you must call him your Dear husband.  How do you like it??

I have a small First Impression mold. It works well and is softer and more flexible than other molds. so it's easy to pop your decoration out.

carmon stewart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmon stewart Posted 22 May 2014 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 7

I know you posted this awhile ago but i tried the Sugarvail with thier mats for the frist time, awhile back i did some reserch before i used them , they all had trouble with sticking and being uneven .So i used petal paste it's like shorting it worked wonderful and i tried a vegtable spray and then used a soft texured pastery brush to get in all of the textures, it went wonderful ! just dont forget to use brush helps take off to much of the petal paste or vegtable spray!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%