Make Up Accessories With Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By farheentq Updated 20 Oct 2013 , 6:50pm by -K8memphis

farheentq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farheentq Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 6

Can I make 'make up toppers' like lipstick, nailpolish bottle and eyeshadow palette with Modeling chocolate? I only know how to make marshmallow fondant since I am a total beginner at cake decoration, and wanted to try modeling chocolate this time.

if yes, does anybody have any pictures or tutorials for makeup accessories made with modeling chocolate?

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 6

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Candy-Clay-1

this ^^^ is a good place to start

plus make sure your corn syrup is about the same temperature as the melted chocolate before you combine them--stir on purpose after combining--it will come together quickly--it might weep--that's ok -- pour it off or knead it back in after it hardens -- either way--

farheentq Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 6

thank you :)

-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 6

you're welcome ;)

tiny and very incomplete primer of modeling products for future reference ;)

1. modeling chocolate (has a lot of names)  has the unique advantage of healing itself with the warmth of your hand-just rub on it and lines and crinkles disappear--so temperature is everything--
  2. marzipan takes food color brilliantly and is as much fun to eat as it is to model with but it is also an excellent modeling product--you can get great detail in it--
  3. fondant is good too --some peeps add tylose powder to make it stiffer so it sets up for modeling--i think for flowers that's a great idea--but for making bows or the make up items you are designing--i would add cornstarch--it's cheaper-- 
  4. there's mexican fondant for special projects--
  5. gum paste is perfect for flowers and dries very crispy--
  6. pastillage is like super gum paste--dries very dry and is used for making larger items for example, show pieces--
  7. a combination of fondant and modeling choco can also be a very nice substance to use

farheentq Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

WOW, thanks a million :D great info and helped me clear my confusions to a great extent! thank you very very much :)

-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 6

all those different kinds are so confusing--and different countries have different names for them too -- well it's usually the same variety of names re-arranged for different products :-D

so i'm very glad to help 

happy bakin' & creatin' 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%