Help Eccentric Couple Wants The Impossible!

Decorating By JennaGee Updated 21 Oct 2013 , 10:25am by costumeczar

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 6:38am
post #31 of 40

AIf you do put it on the cake I would have them sign a waiver like someone else suggested. Also take pictures of the cake at the venue so you have proof that it was on there when you left. Good luck and post pictures.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 11:23pm
post #32 of 40

Tell them that the only way you'll feel comfortable with a topper that large on the top of a cake would be if you can duct tape it to the cake plate. Lots of duct tape all over it.

Seriously, as long as you attach it to the plate somehow you can just dowel that and treat it like it's supporting another tier. Should be fine, but have them sign a waiver that if it falls over when someone knocks against the table to look at the stunning topper you're not responsible for the damage.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:53am
post #33 of 40

ASERIOUSLY?? Is no one going to comment that BrandisBaked posted a picture of a seriously magnificent cake with a "topper" that isn't a topper, THAT IS PRACTICALLY THE SAME AS THE SUPER HERO ONE?? It is insane that no one noticed it is a perfect example in every way, and the work is exquisite. Seriously, I feel like a better person from just looking at it.

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:59am
post #34 of 40

Ai mean, the op describes the size of the topper she will need to put on the cake, and BrandisBaked posts A PICTURE OF A A MAN AND WOMAN EMBRACING AND FLYING, AND THEN THE OP POSTS THE TOPPER THAT HAS A MAN AND A WOMAN, EMBRACING WHILE FLYING! MY MIND IS BLOWN! NO ONE BATS AND EYE! AM I HIGH??? YES, I AM SHOUTING!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:59am
post #35 of 40

A[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

SERIOUSLY?? Is no one going to comment that BrandisBaked posted a picture of a seriously magnificent cake with a "topper" that isn't a topper, THAT IS PRACTICALLY THE SAME AS THE SUPER HERO ONE?? It is insane that no one noticed it is a perfect example in every way, and the work is exquisite. Seriously, I feel like a better person from just looking at it.

Now that it's been 7 years since I made that, all I can see are the flaws. I was very new to figure modeling then (that was my second attempt). But thank you. :)

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 4:09am
post #36 of 40

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

i mean, the op describes the size of the topper she will need to put on the cake, and BrandisBaked posts A PICTURE OF A A MAN AND WOMAN EMBRACING AND FLYING, AND THEN THE OP POSTS THE TOPPER THAT HAS A MAN AND A WOMAN, EMBRACING WHILE FLYING! MY MIND IS BLOWN! NO ONE BATS AND EYE! AM I HIGH??? YES, I AM SHOUTING!

Totally agree with this! The way this topper is used on BrandisBaked cake is PERFECT for the super hero topper! Counter any servings issue with kitchen cakes! Show the couple this cake and let them see how fabulous this would look!

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 4:20am
post #37 of 40

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

[RIGHT][/RIGHT][quote name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/764967/help-eccentric-couple-wants-the-impossible/30#post_7456758"]g at it.

Now that it's been 7 years since I made that, all I can see are the flaws. I was very new to figure modeling then (that was my second attempt). But thank you. :)[/quote] What flaws? I am in awe. I want to watch you work, and try to soak up some talent. Do you need an unpaid intern? I may have to sleep at your shop though, if I can't drive there in less than 4 hours.

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 4:25am
post #38 of 40

AIf I had that beautiful topper to do a cake for, I would carve right into the bottom tiers and slide it in, and hope they wanted clouds and more ice and such. I would use that huge sugar stuff, or boil sugar and add ice cubes a couple at a time and you get foamy white sugar.

JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 5:07am
post #39 of 40

A[CENTER]I definitely noticed and posted about Brandisbaked cake , it's extremely gorgeous. I showed the photo to client as Inspiration and they are floored! Even the groom was speechless (and he thought he had exhausted all his options as to where the topper would go, never considered putting in IN the side of the cake!) so this presentation is definitely on the table, thanks so much! o[/CENTER]

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 10:25am
post #40 of 40

AI didn't even see the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%