Recipe Conversion

Baking By BriBrooks Updated 18 Oct 2013 , 3:40am by sarahgale314

BriBrooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BriBrooks Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all, I'm sure somebody somewhere has already probably asked a question like this but here it goes. My mum loves this time of year because it's "socially acceptable" to have gingerbread now, it's her favourite kind of cookie and she lives for this time of year. Unfortunately she recently had her gallbladder removed and has been placed on a new diet that limits much of what she can eat. This means that she can no longer eat the gingerbread cookies that she so loves, so to make the holidays less depressing for her I'm trying to modify the recipe for her. I can't use regular granulated sugar like I normally would, can anybody recommend what to use in it's place that won't make them taste awful? Thank you so much for any help you can give! :)

2 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 3:26am
post #2 of 3

Hum.....I had my gallbladder removed also and I've never been told to avoid sugar. I believe the dietary warnings are to avoid high fat foods because it gives you diarrhea. I would look further into this if I was your Mom, I think there might be some mis-information happening. I have a close friend whom also had her gallbladder removed and I know for a fact she doesn't need to avoid sugar either, she buys toffee from me regularly.

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 3:40am
post #3 of 3

AMy mother in law and my sister both had their gal ladders out. Avoiding too much fat is their only restriction. Normal gingerbread cookies should be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%