How Can I Replicate The Wilton Cathedral Kit Myself?

Decorating By taartenmaker Updated 15 Oct 2013 , 10:58pm by ttaunt

taartenmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartenmaker Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 6

hello y'all. I love the look of the wilton cathedral cakes, but the kit to make the tower and the steeple is discontinued since wilton made it back in the old days. does anybody has a idea how I could replicate it myself, maby with gumpaste? or plywood? please help me i can't pigure it out. i did some reasurch and i did found out that there are 4 pillars inside the tower connected to 2 8'' sqaire seperator plates.

5 replies
ttaunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttaunt Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 6

I would try royal icing-the one that's hard like rock. glue pieces together with royal like you would a gingerbread house. Just thinking out loud. I never tried it.

taartenmaker Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 6

how would u do that?

ttaunt Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

make a cardboard pattern,cover with wax paper and pipe over it. you can make it as ornate as you like.

taartenmaker Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 6

thank you so much for that smart ideal!, one more thing: how could i make a smooth surfice with royal icing?

ttaunt Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

pipe a border and fill in with thinned royal it should level itself. I also would use the old time royal made with real egg whites it is more sturdy since no one will be eating the church pieces. make your pieces kinda thick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%