I Am New Cake Decorator And Need Advice..

Business By Faith2013 Updated 14 Oct 2013 , 2:44am by Cara-mel

Faith2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faith2013 Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 12:35am
post #1 of 4

Where should I go to promote my business and sale cake samples or muffins?

3 replies
Cara-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cara-mel Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 1:47am
post #2 of 4

AI work for a very large company and have a large family. Bringing your goods to work, company parties, church functions and family get togethers with business cards can prove to be very lucrative. I made a cake for a coworker and she posted it on Facebook, my husbands cousins were visiting after I made a practice cake and they loved it, I'm not ready for business yet and already got orders for the upcoming year!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 2:23am
post #3 of 4

1st of all, are you legal?    One cannot sell unless you have gone through all the necessary work to become legal.

What the other poster said is true.  If you want to get know as a good baker/decortor, start with y our family and church people.  Offer to provide dessert for any and all occasions there.  Yes, it will cost you some $$ but theree isn't any other way.  The other thing you can do is get drummies and decorate them, take pix and start over.  Build up a nice portfolio. 

Cara-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cara-mel Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 2:44am
post #4 of 4

AOh yeah, make sure your legalities are covered as previous post states. If you are in Ohio, as long as you only sell cake, cupcakes, cookies, etc., items that do not require refrigeration and fall under the "cottage foods" clause do not require license or inspection as long as items are labeled as "homemade" and list ingredients, and can only be sold in Ohio....oh yeah, please list income on your taxes, nothing worse than ticking off the IRS. ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%