Help Please Red Velvet Cream Cheese And Mm Fondant

Decorating By sarim Updated 17 Oct 2013 , 9:10am by 810whitechoc

sarim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarim Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 7

AI am making a cake for a birthday party next Saturday he is wanting red velvet with cream cheese frosting this is my first homemade red velvet and cream cheese cake. I found a recipe for cream cheese on the Texas cottage food law.com it says it doesn't need to be put in the refridge it has 8oz cream cheese 1stik butter 1 lb confect sugar 1 tbsp vanilla this cake will also be covered in marshmallow fondant. Has anyone ever done one with cream cheese frosting not put in the fridge? And i need a good red velvet cake recipe? Thank you in advance

6 replies
candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

The sugar in the recipe acts as a preservative.  Your icing will be fine out of the refrigerator.  Also, you can find good red velvet cake recipes at DCcupcakes.com or magnoliabakery.com.  Those 2 bakeries share their recipes.

Good Luck.  

Candace

becsboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becsboots Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 3:23am
post #3 of 7
longduo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
longduo Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 6:21am
post #4 of 7

Your icing will be fine out of the refrigerator.  Also, you can find good red velvet cake recipes .

http://www.ff14mall.com/

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 7:38am
post #5 of 7

I don't want to burst your bubble but fondant on top of cream cheese may be a disaster in the waiting. In my personal experience, the fondant started to melt and slide right off the cake.

Reseach this site for the posts and you will see that it has happened to many many many of us!

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 8:04am
post #6 of 7
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 9:10am
post #7 of 7

You are asking for trouble putting fondant over cream cheese frosting, put cream cheese frosting between the layers and then buttercream or Ganache on the outside of your cake underneath the fondant, you will be much happier with the result.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%