Red Velvet Cheesecake Sheet Cake Size

Decorating By hra0907 Updated 21 Oct 2013 , 11:20pm by shaloop

hra0907 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hra0907 Posted 12 Oct 2013 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 4

Good Afternoon:

I need to make a red velvet  layer sheet cake 11x15.5 x 2.  There are a total of three layers, two layers of red velvet with the center layer cheesecake.  Can anyone please advise how much cheesecake batter I would need and a relatively easy cheesecake but good recipe. .

I have made this cake before as a round 9" cake and it comes out great, but have never made a cheesecake this size and have concerns about getting it out of the pan without it breaking up.

Any assistance would be sincerly appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies
justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 5:03am
post #2 of 4

According to the Wilton cups of batter per pan chart, a 11x15 takes exactly double what a 9 in. round does, so I would just double the recipe you normally make for the 9 in. cake! :D

I don't have any advice about getting it out in one piece though...unless you can get a removable bottom 11x15 pan. Maybe line the bottom with parchment paper and definitely make sure it's chilled and firm before attempting to take it out.

urbangrl2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
urbangrl2007 Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 1:07am
post #3 of 4

I don't have a good recipe for you, but I do have an idea as far as removing it. I would either freeze the sheet then cut it in half (or quarters) and stack it piece by piece. Because it's only the three layers, the stability of the cake shouldn't be compromised, right? That's my thinking anyway. 

shaloop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaloop Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 4

AGrease the pan well, bake cheesecake, cool and then freeze. Once frozen solid, dip bottom of pan in hot water, dry, and turn over onto cake board. Place frozen slab on cake. Will thaw inside cake within a couple of hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%