In order to put an end to the constant policing of who is legal and who is not we are putting in a new policy related to posting cake business related questions or answers:
1. If you are posting a question about running your cake business, including ALL pricing questions, you must be a legally operating business according to the laws of your area or asking questions about how to get started setting up a legal business. Operating under your local cottage law is fine. You do not need to state this status as it will be assumed that you are legal if you are posting.
2. If it is made clear in your post that you are not operating legally, then the thread will be deleted and you will receive an infraction for violating the rules.
1. You must respond assuming that the person asking the question is operating legally and has all the expected associated costs that come with running a legal business.
2. You must not ask questions in an attempt to determine if someone is legal or not.. this is not a fishing expedition.
3. Please provide thoughtful and courteous responses or do not respond at all. Cake Central is a welcoming community and we should be more tolerant of repetitive questions as newbies are always finding us and need help and support.
It is our hope that this policy will eliminate the negativity around "legal vs illegal" and get us back to focusing on running successful businesses. By only allowing legal business operators, or prospective operators, to post questions we should be able to keep these conversations productive and polite.