Advice Needed Re: Packaging Please

Decorating By linnieloo Updated 9 Oct 2013 , 6:15pm by linnieloo

linnieloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnieloo Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

AHi all . I am making a cake for a charity guess the weight of the cake contest. The cake needs to be on display for 2 days while people guess. It will be on the counter of a local store. Any suggestions how it can be presented to keep it covered yet visible. I have been offered some of the stiff plastic wrap that florists use to wrap bouquets. I was thinking I could maybe stand the board on the plastic then fasten at the top with a bow. Will this cause the fondent to sweat? ???? Any suggestions gratefully received . Thanks

6 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

AHow big is the cake? Will it be eaten afterwards?

linnieloo Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 7

AIt will be on a 10 inch board. And the idea is the closest guess wins the cake so yes it needs to remain edible.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 7

APeople are going to poke and touch that cake, it will be a mess by the end of day two. If it is just a one tiered cake, maybe put it on a covered cake stand, and tape the top on. Or see if you can get a clear box of some kind and tape it closed. If it is for a charity, perhaps you can get a clear cake container doated from the grocery store bakery.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 7

AHere is what I am talking about. http://plasticcontainercity.com/round_cake_dome_containers.htm 2/3 of the way down the page is a 12" cake dome, sold individually. Maybe you can even buy one from a Walmart bakery if not from another grocery. Sometimes our local grocery will just give this type of thing away if it is for a charity.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 7

AYou should be able to find a clear acrylic cake stand for $20 or so, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GKNVTW/?tag=cakecentral-20

linnieloo Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 7

A:grin: thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%