Small Black Ink Cartridge Won't Print On Pixma Ip3600

Decorating By DonnaBinGrandRapids Updated 8 Oct 2013 , 2:56am by cookiejar1

DonnaBinGrandRapids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DonnaBinGrandRapids Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 2

I have the PIXMA IP3600.  I have put in all new cartridges, and printed a test page. Everything looks great on the test page EXCEPT the small black ink cartridge. 

So, I put in a brand new ink cartridge and still it doesn't show.

For this reason I do not believe it's the cartridge, but perhaps something else causing it.

I have been getting by as most of the photos I've printed most recently don't have much black in them, but I tried to print black words and they turned out a teal blue color.

I was going to call Canon, but they'd probably just give me some excuses about using non-canon ink, so I am turning here first and hoping someone can give me some advice.

I have done all of the cleaning, deep cleaning etc.

Here is an image I printed.  The first one is the way it looked on my screen the 2nd one is the way it ended up on the cake. It's not terrible, but the black printed blue. I just went with it and used a matching icing...but I need my black ink.  HELP.

Donna

PS - While the advice is coming in....why didn't my frosting sheet lie down nicely and flat? It was "bubbly".  I tried to flatten it, but you know how that goes.  It ended up tearing in one spot and I got ink transfer on my hands and the image.

1 reply
cookiejar1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiejar1 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 2:56am
post #2 of 2

AI had a similar problem with my new Pixma IP3600 so I contacted Canon and they said that the printer is one that they no longer support AND since it was with edible ink, I should contact the store. The store insisted it was a dirty jets ( or whatever) so I cleaned it several times...still a problem. Finally sent it back and they emailed saying that it was clogged and it is now working. When it was returned I discovered it was a brand new printer. Never did find out the problem. I only had the printer for a week before I discovered the problem. I think you may need a new print head. In any case, I would contact EdibleImages as their customer support is awesome and I,m sure they would have helped me much better than the place I went to. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%