Just Updating On The Progress Of My In Home Bakery (With Pics!)

Business By HannahsMomi Updated 7 Oct 2013 , 4:35pm by HannahsMomi

HannahsMomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahsMomi Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 16

It's been a while since I've posted!  I've been super busy trying to get my basement kitchen finished.  My husband and I are doing everything ourselves!  I just wanted to show some pictures of how things are looking so far!  I'm so excited!  We should be finished completely by the end of the month...

15 replies
sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 16

It looks like a very cheerful space! Congrats to you and good luck with your finishing touches! :)

What are you going to use the space behind the striped wall for?

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 16

I agree, definitely not basement like!

HannahsMomi Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks, sixinarow!  

The space behind the striped walls is all going to be a good sized closet!  I'm going to put shelving in there and store all of my cake boards and boxes and other equipment.  I'll post more as we get things finished.

HannahsMomi Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 16

Yes, I was trying to keep it bright and cheerful.  I do not want to feel like I am baking in a dungeon all day :-)

sixinarow Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by HannahsMomi 

Thanks, sixinarow!  

The space behind the striped walls is all going to be a good sized closet!  I'm going to put shelving in there and store all of my cake boards and boxes and other equipment.  I'll post more as we get things finished.

Awesome closet space! Excited to see it finished, probably not as excited as you are though!

HannahsMomi Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 16

No, probably not!  I can't believe how long it has taken us to do this renovation.  We started in late April!  Who would've thought it would take us 6 months???  We've been doing EVERYTHING ourselves which is why it has taken so long.  And you know what?  My cake skills were actually beneficial to this whole process.  It turns out I'm a great drywall mud smoother!  :-D

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 16

AI'm officially jealous! Looks great!!!!

sixinarow Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 12:04am
post #9 of 16

Quote:

No, probably not!  I can't believe how long it has taken us to do this renovation.  We started in late April!  Who would've thought it would take us 6 months???  We've been doing EVERYTHING ourselves which is why it has taken so long.  And you know what?  My cake skills were actually beneficial to this whole process.  It turns out I'm a great drywall mud smoother!  :-D

I bet your husband was glad that came in handy! Drywall is No fun!

JuliSchulze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliSchulze Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 12:31am
post #10 of 16

ACake skills help with caulking too! My husband gets me to do the caulking we need. Squirt it in a disposable piping bag and go to town!

JuliSchulze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliSchulze Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 12:32am
post #11 of 16

ASpace looks great! We don't have basements in central Texas unless you count storm shelters!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 12:33am
post #12 of 16

Quote:

It turns out I'm a great drywall mud smoother!  :-D

That's due to all the practice smoothing buttercream :lol: .

Your kitchen is great! I love your colors!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 12:56am
post #13 of 16

Love your new kitchen.  Thew refrigerator is really nice!  What a wonderful place to work & create.  Can't wait to see your finished pictures!

experimenting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
experimenting Posted 5 Oct 2013 , 9:30pm
post #14 of 16

Looks amazing! How exciting! Indiana?

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 3:33am
post #15 of 16

ALooks very nice and cheerful.

HannahsMomi Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 4:35pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks everyone!  I'll post a final pic when we get it all finished.  We are hoping to be open for business by the end of the month!

And yes, I think all of my work with buttercream and piping has proved very useful to the renovating industry!  My husband has a new appreciation for cake decorating!

JWinslow... I love my fridge!  I actually got an amazing deal on it.  My brother worked in the appliance department of a Sears that was closing its' doors for good....they had already marked it down 50%, then I got an additional discount on top of that.

experimenting...yes, I am located in Indiana.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%