Help! Skateboard Cake Tonight- Fbct

Decorating By V_Dizzle Updated 29 Oct 2013 , 7:17pm by Jodirednose

V_Dizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
V_Dizzle Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I am making a 9/13 cake with a skateboard on it. The design is graffiti writing of the boys name that I did with sugar paper. Should I do a FBCT of a skateboard and then put that on top of the 9x13 or pipe it directly onto the cake?

If I do the FBCT of the skateboard do I apply the sugar paper BEFORE I freeze it or after it's on the cake.

Just need a little help :)

5 replies
Jodirednose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jodirednose Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 6

AHi, i know this is a old post but i wondered how you got on with the graffiti? Im making a car cake with sponsors stickers all over it and was thinking of doing it with rice paper but ive never done it before. Hope your skateboard was a sucess!

V_Dizzle Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 6

AHey there! My skateboard cake turned out pretty good! I did a FBCT skateboard and then used wilton edible sugar sheets and americolor edible markers and drew the graffiti.

I also did a UFC cake with logos on it and did it the same way. Just traced the logos onto sugar sheets and put them on the cake.

Here's my finished skateboard cake, hope your car turns out great! I find that rice paper is too see through for me, I'm not a big fan. I like sugar sheets better.

[IMG ALT="White cake. Buttercream frosting. Used wilton color mist on the cake. the skateboard deck is FBCT the graffiti writing is wilton sugar sheet colored with americolor edible markers! Used sugar wafer sticks and donuts for the trucks/wheels."]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3113331/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Jodirednose Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 6

AThank you so much for sharing this with me. I don't think i can do Fbct, i think ill do the car shape cover in fondant then put on the sugar sheets. How do i attach the sheets? Will it just stick? Can i write on the sugar sheets with food colour rather than pens? And can i draw them a week in advance or will it go a bit horrid? Sorry for all the questions ive never done this before.

V_Dizzle Posted 29 Oct 2013 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 6

AI don't work with fondant, that's why I chose FBCT but if you can work with it--EVEN BETTER! You can add a little piping gel to the back of the sugar sheet or even water ( barely any though you don't want it to get really wet)and it should stick to the fondant. I'm sure you could just paint it with food coloring-not too sure, I've never done that before.

The longest I've done sugar sheet coloring is a day in advance. The thing with sugar sheets is once they hit the air they start to dry out a bit. I think a week might be a little too far in advance.

I suggest painting them the day before and then putting them either back in the zip top bag they came in or another sealed zip bag to keep all of the air out.

Jodirednose Posted 29 Oct 2013 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 6

AThank you so much! Im very excited about this cake, i will post a pic when its done (if its any good:D)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%