Help!!!!!! I Need Ideas To Make Bling!

Decorating By wonlove Updated 2 Oct 2013 , 6:39am by wonlove

wonlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonlove Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 7

Last minuet cake for someone who initially cancelled...... ( that's another story).... She wants a 3d high heal shoe and I need to put gems, jewels on it. A bedazzled shoe. The only problem I do not have any Isomalt. How else can I get that jewel/gem bedazzled effect for the shoe?

6 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 12:26am
post #2 of 7

AWhat about gelatin sequins?

66cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
66cakelady Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 12:32am
post #3 of 7

There is a recipe for a clear hard candy using vodka so that it dries completely clear.

1/3 c. cold vodka and 1c light corn syrup.  Place pan on heat and boil until candy thermo. reaches 250 F. Pour into greased jem molds or onto silpat mat.

Can be broken into small pieces or cut with a lightly greased pizza wheel.  I found this recipe years ago in American Cake Decorator magazine.  Hope it helps!

wonlove Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 1:07am
post #4 of 7

BrandisBaked I am not familiar with gelatin sequins. Any thoughts if it is that easier than the vodka and corn syrup?  I am limited for time and do not have vodka on hand?  I do have unflavored gelatin though?

66cakelady  thank you sooo much i will have to remember this.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leighandre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leighandre Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 5:37am
post #6 of 7

AIf you have sugar dragees they will work if you stick them on a round of gumpaste for a brooch look, or you could pipe on the pearls with royal icing, wait for them to dry and then paint with silver petal dust mixed with a tiny bit of vodka or silver powder for a really shiny surface. I have also used gumpaste pushed into jewel molds and then painted them in the same way with different colored luster dusts with vodka.

Good luck!

wonlove Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 6:39am
post #7 of 7

Thanks leighandre   I am not sure what i will do yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%