Is There Something In The Air?

Decorating By howsweet Updated 2 Oct 2013 , 4:27pm by howsweet

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 6

I'm having a terrible time getting enough info to quote out an order with several customers right now.This is an exaggeration, but it's not too terribly far off-- I'll ask something like how many cupcakes do you think you might need and the answer will be something like "yes, I love blue". I'm pulling my hair out and starting to wonder if one of them is a heroin junkie. 

5 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 6

I hear ya, I get some like that every once in awhile. I'll ask, what date do you need it for? And then crickets. Hellooo? Was that not the answer you wanted? Surely you can be bothered to tell me when you need it? I can understand not replying after a quote is given, but asking WHEN they need it....geez.

howsweet Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 6

I had someone get snippy about the date, as in -how does that even matter, the party's 3 weeks away. No doubt you already know my answer when I got the date out of her -sorry, booked.

Personally, I don't think it would hurt them to send a message back just saying -ok thanks if the quote is too high. Does that even take 15 seconds? But I have to admit that no reply is always better than -WOW.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

A

Original message sent by howsweet

I had someone get snippy about the date, as in -how does that even matter, the party's 3 weeks away. No doubt you already know my answer when I got the date out of her -sorry, booked.

Personally, I don't think it would hurt them to send a message back just saying -ok thanks if the quote is too high. Does that even take 15 seconds? But I have to admit that no reply is always better than -WOW.

Oh see, I would reply to WOW with, "Yes, WOW, isn't that a great price for the extremely detailed custom design you've requested? People often exclaim that they're really impressed with their cakes, and they can't wait to order another one!" But I'm cheeky like that. I have no problem slapping people back that reply rudely.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 4:02am
post #5 of 6

I had two inquiries like that this week. the first wanted a cake in week's time, but couldnt or wouldn't give me any idea of what she wanted the cake to look like. her only comment was i want an 8 inch cake, how can you decorate it besides flowers...???

the second was "i know this is short notice but can you make me cake pops?"

uh, give me some "Ws" ladies!. who? what? where? when? why? throw me a bone

howsweet Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Oh see, I would reply to WOW with, "Yes, WOW, isn't that a great price for the extremely detailed custom design you've requested? People often exclaim that they're really impressed with their cakes, and they can't wait to order another one!" But I'm cheeky like that. I have no problem slapping people back that reply rudely.

I need to up my cheekiness. I'm usually really nice until I wind up venting on CC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

I had two inquiries like that this week. the first wanted a cake in week's time, but couldnt or wouldn't give me any idea of what she wanted the cake to look like. her only comment was i want an 8 inch cake, how can you decorate it besides flowers...???

the second was "i know this is short notice but can you make me cake pops?"

uh, give me some "Ws" ladies!. who? what? where? when? why? throw me a bone

Throw me a bone- hahaha, I know, right? :lol:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%