Xbox Cake And A Lorry Cake Advice For A Newbie :-)

Decorating By anarchybmc Updated 1 Oct 2013 , 7:43pm by Lynne3

anarchybmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anarchybmc Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 4

hey everyone,

So I am totally new to cake decorating and this forum :-)

I am really enjoying cake decorating done a couple now for family and getting more requests for more cakes which I enjoy making! For my sons 16th at the end of oct im doing an xbox cake with controller and game, I had a practice run making the controller with RKT at the weekend which turned out to be really easy but now im thinking about the weight of it, would a normal madeira cake be able to support this? also any ideas on how to create the vents?its the slim xbox which has strips for the vents if that makes sense?

my second dilemma is for my brother in laws 40th ive been asked to create a cake that incorporates a lorry, so I was thinking of doing a RKT lorry on a road with maybe a hill/bump then a sign saying over the hill, so would you make all of this out of RKT or cake? again would there be an issue with the weight? How would you go about constructing the hill?

sorry for sooooo many questions keeping myself awake at night thinking about it, this feels quite cathartic :-)

thanks guys xx

3 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 4

A lorry is a bus, right?  Sorry but I'm guessing here.  

This is a bus cake I did years ago.  It was really easy and fun 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

anarchybmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anarchybmc Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 4

AWow that's awesome! A lorry is a truck or hgv the ones that have the trailers on the back that detach from the main cabin if that makes sense? I was thinking of doing a sheet cake with like a road scene with a mini version of the lorry. Just not sure how to go about it, wanted like a hill just In front of the lorry but don't know how to create that without it sinking into the cake? Thanks for your reply :-)

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 4

The hill and or the lorry would be like a second tier on top of your sheet cake.  

You would just create that truck or hill, place it on a cardboard cake round (that you cut to fit under the truck or hill) and place dowels beneath. There would be no weight on the sheetcake.  All the weight would be transferred to the bottom board.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%