Painting A Cake??

Decorating By miniflowercake Updated 29 Sep 2013 , 10:30pm by miniflowercake

miniflowercake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miniflowercake Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 9

How would I make this?? I am pretty bad at painting and drawing so I don't think I could make this cake using those techniques. Is there another way to paint on a cake that people who aren't good with drawing and painting (like myself) could use? (I'm assuming the paint on this cake is food coloring?)

Tips would be appreciated! (Disclaimer: got this picture from Pinterest)

This is amazing!! Wow, I really, really, really like this cake! 

8 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 9

AThere's a free class on craftsy called the hand painted cake, that will tell all you need to know.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 9

You can do that, it's a very forgiving style. Give it a shot!

miniflowercake Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks kikiandkyle!

AZCouture, lol, I am pretty bad at painting! :oops: Although, I think I'm gonna try to draw this on paper.... :grin: 

AZCouture Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 9

ANo seriously, look how forgiving the edges and coloring is. it's very free form and almost messy..messy in a good way. I'm betting if you skip trying to draw it, you'll nail it. I can't draw to save my life, but decorate, yeah, I can do that. Get abfew brushes, different sizes, and mix up some colors. Just go for it.

miniflowercake Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

No seriously, look how forgiving the edges and coloring is. it's very free form and almost messy..messy in a good way. I'm betting if you skip trying to draw it, you'll nail it. I can't draw to save my life, but decorate, yeah, I can do that. Get abfew brushes, different sizes, and mix up some colors. Just go for it.

Lol, I am drawing it now, and I'm actually surprised with what it looks like! (surprised in a good way :lol:)

miniflowercake Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 9

AZCouture, would you use food coloring or shimmer/luster dust for the paint?

AZCouture Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 9

AI mix food color powder with vodka, I use airbrush colors, sometimes I'll water down gel colors with vodka...it al depends on what I need for the specific job. I will also use food color markers for outlining in areas, just really depends.No wrong way to go about it.

miniflowercake Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

I mix food color powder with vodka, I use airbrush colors, sometimes I'll water down gel colors with vodka...it al depends on what I need for the specific job. I will also use food color markers for outlining in areas, just really depends.No wrong way to go about it.

Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%