Cupcakes Are Too Dry !! Help !!!

Baking By sweetMTcute Updated 1 Oct 2013 , 2:00am by mnbrogers

sweetMTcute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetMTcute Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 7:12am
post #1 of 4

Lately my cupcakes have been really dry , although the recipes I use are those that have been made many times and this problem didn't appear in the past .

I'm thinking about the oven but not sure if it's really the problem here. Or could it be the new kind of vanilla powder I've been using ?

I've also tried to add more liquid to the batter or to reduce the dry ingredients but the results are still the same .

SOMEBODY PLEASE  HELP ME WITH THIS =( !!!!!!!!!

3 replies
georgia zanin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgia zanin Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 7:17am
post #2 of 4

AI have the same problem and I youse simple syrup it a 50 50 combination on water and sugar melted over the stove. You can brush it on with a pastry brush and it should keep it moist I use this for my rainbow cakes but you should be able to brush it on cupcakes too might not work but give it a go. Hope this helped. :grin:

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 8:09am
post #3 of 4

AAre you overcooking them? I agree re a sugar syrup.

mnbrogers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnbrogers Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 2:00am
post #4 of 4

ACheck your oven temp. if it's running 5* too hot & you are cooking your "regular" time, your cakes will be dry. Do you have new muffin pans? Shiny aluminum vs non-stick? cooking times will vary there too. I have a double oven & the top bakes 10 min too cool & the bottom 5 min too cool. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%