Cake Servings Help Needed

Decorating By steffunicorn Updated 5 Nov 2013 , 2:51pm by howsweet

Ekaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ekaba Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:27am
post #31 of 34

Then she'd be getting extra 20 servings. Is there maybe a 6" 8" 10" that'll work? I think that 12' will be too much cake. If it was five or so slices over, okay. But 20 is pushing it. Sorry, but this is my first big order and I don't want to give cake away, but I'd like to provide them with a chart for cutting and get eighty or so out of it.(going by way of three tier) Thanks again!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:35am
post #32 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaba 

I just received an order for a cake that is to be two tier and serve eighty people.  I am thinking of telling her she needs a 6" on top and I can maybe go 10" and 12" for the rest.  I never made a cake for this many people before and I don't want them to run out.  Are these good sizes for 80 servings? Thanks!

I'd suggest a 6" x 9" x 12" for 100 servings.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 5:48am
post #33 of 34

Ops!  Came back to screen and message hadn't sent (or so it said).  I only suggested the 9" because it would be fewer servings than the 10" you said you were going to use.  You can't always reach the exact serving goal... they need to pay for actual servings or order a smaller cake that doesn't meet their goal.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 2:51pm
post #34 of 34

Give servings away???? You charge for the cake they get, not for the number of servings asked for. But you offer a cake as close to the number of servings they need. Some would rather err over and some err under, depends on how they came up with the number they gave you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%