An Embarrassing Situation! Ugh!!

Lounge By ellavanilla Updated 26 Sep 2013 , 7:37pm by vgcea

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 52

I have a corporate client who I make a cake for once a month. She lives in my neighborhood and picks up her cakes early, on the way to work. This morning she knocked instead of ringing the bell, so I didn't hear it. My brother, who is staying with us and sleeping in the front room, heard the knock and answered the door IN HIS BOXERS and no shirt. He gave her the cake and she left before I got down there to intervene. 

I am so mortified. SO EMBARRASSED!! 

I immediately emailed her assistant, apologizing. She said she hadn't heard anything from the boss, but had conveyed my apology and assurance it wouldn't happen again, but I'm convinced it will be the last I hear of this client. 

This is why I hate having people come by to pick up. My family seems to be oblivious to good behavior when it comes to me and my clients ( I also run another business from home). I went outside to see if I could catch her before she drove away and found a cup and a lighter on the pillar by the door. Sooo classy!

I could cry. 

Jen

edited to add: no, there's no question. I just had to tell someone who could imagine my mortification...

51 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 52

She may not have thought anything of it.  Call her and tell her the situation.  Guys don't always know better....

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 52

I would have been absolutely mortified, I feel your pain! 

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 52

ATell her you're branching out into singing telegrams, that was your "birthday bachelor" and what a shame it was she didn't stick around long enough to see/hear his whole routine! :-)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

I have a corporate client who I make a cake for once a month. She lives in my neighborhood and picks up her cakes early, on the way to work. This morning she knocked instead of ringing the bell, so I didn't hear it. My brother, who is staying with us and sleeping in the front room, heard the knock and answered the door IN HIS BOXERS and no shirt. He gave her the cake and she left before I got down there to intervene.

I am so mortified. SO EMBARRASSED!!

I immediately emailed her assistant, apologizing. She said she hadn't heard anything from the boss, but had conveyed my apology and assurance it wouldn't happen again, but I'm convinced it will be the last I hear of this client.

This is why I hate having people come by to pick up. My family seems to be oblivious to good behavior when it comes to me and my clients ( I also run another business from home). I went outside to see if I could catch her before she drove away and found a cup and a lighter on the pillar by the door. Sooo classy!

I could cry.

Jen

edited to add: no, there's no question. I just had to tell someone who could imagine my mortification...

Oh my GAWD! But is your brother hot? Maybe she appreciated the moment

:-D

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 52

A^^^^ Loooooooool oh my gosh i was thinking the same thing!!!! If i had to collect a cake and a hot guy answered the door i would be there every other day!!!!! ( That doesn't sound desperate at all o-O )

costumeczar Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakealicious7 

^^^^ Loooooooool oh my gosh i was thinking the same thing!!!! If i had to collect a cake and a hot guy answered the door i would be there every other day!!!!! ( That doesn't sound desperate at all o-O )

Hahahahahahaha!

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 52

Maybe I should start hiring attractive men in my shop! That sounds like a great plan to me. Too bad it would probably be bad taste to hire the ones I want to date. Single girl problems! :D 

cakealicious7 Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 9:03pm
post #9 of 52

ALol if ever you need a helping hand with that i'm here for ya ;-D

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 9:05pm
post #10 of 52

HAHAHA!

Ladies!!  My boyfriend said as much, "Jason in his boxers is by no means a bad thing." LOL 

I sent an email to her assistant, and the assistant sent along my apology. Oh dear. Maybe I did my business a favor!

thanks for making me laugh!!

jen

costumeczar Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 1:46am
post #11 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

HAHAHA!

Ladies!!  My boyfriend said as much, "Jason in his boxers is by no means a bad thing." LOL 

I sent an email to her assistant, and the assistant sent along my apology. Oh dear. Maybe I did my business a favor!

thanks for making me laugh!!

jen

Well, now I think we need a picture of your brother so that we can judge for ourselves. Tell him it's for purposes of hiring research for TheSugarLab's shop.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 1:58am
post #12 of 52

AIf she's ordered from you several times before I'm sure she realizes this isn't your typical business etiquette, she's coming back to you for a reason ;) Granted, I would be mortified as well! Doesn't everyone have an embarrassing family member?! You had the good sense to apologize, she might not have thought anything about it.

Kakeesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakeesha Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:04am
post #13 of 52

Seriously just because she is a Boss,does not mean she does not have a sense of humour.I am sure you will not lose a sale.

costumeczar Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:11am
post #14 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakeesha 

Seriously just because she is a Boss,does not mean she does not have a sense of humour.I am sure you will not lose a sale.

yeah, most people are pretty forgiving if it's a humorous situation!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 3:22am
post #15 of 52

AUm Jen, I'd like to order a cake. *blink blink*

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 3:24am
post #16 of 52

AAnd she'll definitely be picking it up.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 3:29am
post #17 of 52

ANow I'm thinking about frosting (body) shots....

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:50am
post #18 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

Well, now I think we need a picture of your brother so that we can judge for ourselves. Tell him it's for purposes of hiring research for TheSugarLab's shop.

YES PLEASE!!!! :D 

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 5:05am
post #19 of 52

A hottie in boxer shorts handing me a delicious cake?  Uh, yes please!!

gilliganamy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilliganamy Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 1:41pm
post #20 of 52

Maybe this could be your new USP(unique selling point). Stick a dicky bow on him and away you go.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 1:51pm
post #21 of 52

AHmm...this is making me really...hungry. Yeah, hungry, that's it. Hungry for cake. How long is your brother in town??

cakealicious7 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:01pm
post #22 of 52

A^^^^HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh Jen what have you started????!!!

vgcea Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:12pm
post #23 of 52

AHey I get first dibs since I requested my cake order first. *Runs off to go practice my twerking*

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:16pm
post #24 of 52

:D:D:D

cakealicious7 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 5:16pm
post #25 of 52

AOk this thread is just cracking me up!!!!!! :-D :-D

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 6:31pm
post #26 of 52

We seriously need a pic of your brother!

cakealicious7 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 7:13pm
post #27 of 52

ACan i just ask what is everybody imagining her brother looks like? I'm thinking maybe Henry Cavill? ( drool )

vgcea Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 7:19pm
post #28 of 52

AFunny, I never put a face to 'im. I figured blond hair since Jen's a blonde, and a hot body. *shrugs*

*OH and we're so headed for the lounge with the turn this thread has taken lol*

cakealicious7 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 7:29pm
post #29 of 52

ALoooool!!!

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 7:46pm
post #30 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vgcea 

Hey I get first dibs since I requested my cake order first. *Runs off to go practice my twerking*

LOLOLOLOLOLOL 

:-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%