4 Seasons Grand Opening...

Decorating By stephlpy8 Updated 22 Sep 2013 , 7:50pm by letsgetcaking

stephlpy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephlpy8 Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys!!

I am looking for some help here.. I've been asked to create a cake for the Killington Vermont Chamber Grand opening for their new location... Killington is known for their ski resort and many other outdoor year round activities. 

Cake ~ So for the cake they have asked if I could incorporate the building they just purchased which is an old typical Vermont Country store (I've attached a picture below..) and the 4 seasons: snow flakes, flowers, green leaves and orange/red leaves. They would also like to incorporate maybe some people and a ribbon..

I've been thinking way to much about this cake.. every time I sit down to sketch something out I get totally sketchers block!

Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated!!

XOXO

~Steph~

3 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

Are they wanting a 3D replica of the building?

Whether it's a large sheet cake, or 3D building with the surrounding yard, my first thought is to (visually) divide the cake into quarters - a section for each season. So you'd see green grass, flowers, a bunny on the corner where spring would be, autumn leaves on the corner of fall, and snow on the roof and ground for winter, etc...

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 4

AOr if it's a big cake- a tier for each season with the barn cut out of fondant on the bottom tier

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 4

Ooh, I like the tiered idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%