Any Buy/sell Forums For Cake Supplies?

Decorating By DebbyJG Updated 15 Oct 2013 , 5:00pm by shanter

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 5:27am
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I've searched through the forum but I can't seem to find anything. (And yep I have also Googled it myself.) ;)

I've been thinking about downsizing my supplies (extra cake pans, unused items like extra levelers (can't go back to anything after getting my beloved Agbay), The Mat which people love but I seemingly can't use, extra cutters, silicone molds, etc, you know, just those things that are taking up space but I'm sure could be well used by someone else). 

I would really like to avoid having to go the Ebay route, because I'd rather post my items (and for that matter, search for new items!) on a site that is by and for cakers, who know what they are looking at. Ebay is just chock full of plastic wilton stuff, but seems to think "The Mat" only refers to backgrounds for art prints. :)  And "Agbay"? Ebay tries to tell me I'm spelling a rocker named "Gabay" incorrectly. NO! 

Is there such a site? Is there an obscure buy/sell/trade forum on this site that I haven't come across? Or I am stuck listing everything on Ebay unless I want to create my own cakers' version?

Thanks!

5 replies
DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 5:39am
post #2 of 6

So after posting, I came across this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/t/755595/classifieds-buy-sell-trade

Apparently I'm *not* the only one; there are others who have wanted to do the same thing. Any movement on it? Either at Cake Central or on another forum?

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 6

bump.... Would love to find a site just as you have described.

lascellescharle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lascellescharle Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 8:40am
post #4 of 6

Very glad to see your site.I like cakes very much. I found LuLu Good Life website that contain some recipes of cakes.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 11:09am
post #5 of 6

Debby, I too would love to find a site like this. I have stuff like one of the items you mentioned that I don't use for whatever reason - usually bc I bought it without realizing that my kitchen is just too small. If anyone knows of a site please let us know, thanks.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 6

Just eBay, as far as I know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%