Evenly Layer Cakes Without Getting Slouching, Uneven Cakes

Decorating By mochamoe82 Updated 25 Sep 2013 , 11:56pm by BatterUpCake

mochamoe82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochamoe82 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 2:10am
post #1 of 12

I m fairly new still at cake decorating, I am getting better but seems the square cakes layered on top of one another are the devil for me. Ive made two attempts

at the present box cake and it just looks sloppy. I cant figure out were im going wrong. Suggestions Comments HELP......I want to do this for my moms bday but I don't want to look like the one I most recently did. Neat and clean look is what I am going for......Thanks In advance CC family

11 replies
erikabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikabakes Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 3:51am
post #2 of 12

Hey there,

I love love love the craftsy class by Jessica Harris, Clean and Simple cake design. I am not affiliated with her, but this class taught me so much! If you go on her blog, www.jessicakesblog.blogspot.com, there is a link to the class for 50% off. Best cake instruction I have ever gotten!! 

She does a great demo on getting perfect square cakes. She gets perfectly clean lines! Go buy the video!! It is so worth it, and comes with so many great tips. It will change your decorating, believe me. 

WickedGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedGoodies Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 12

Here is a free video on how to fill layer cakes in the pan. That will get you clean lines and is especially handy for square cakes. http://www.wickedgoodies.net/2013/09/how-to-fill-layer-cakes-video/

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 12

AWow i just watched your link and you are so totally awesome!!!! I am definitely going to be checking your site for more tips and info,thanks!!!! :-D

mochamoe82 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 12

AThanks so much I'm a check thos out asap!!

mochamoe82 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 12

ASame here cakealicious I can use a lot of help do ill me looking up lol

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 12

AYep im attempting to make a square cake ( only stuck to round ) and would love for my cakes to be neat and sharp! This thread has helped lol

CakeGeekUk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGeekUk Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 12

I'm a big fan of WickedGoodies.net too - I learned so much from the tutorial on piping chocolate lettering here: http://www.wickedgoodies.net/2012/08/cake-writing-tips/.  Thanks Wicked Goodies!

WickedGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedGoodies Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 10:40pm
post #9 of 12

Any time, CakeGeekUK! :)

Kakeesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakeesha Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 1:51am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedGoodies 

Here is a free video on how to fill layer cakes in the pan. That will get you clean lines and is especially handy for square cakes. http://www.wickedgoodies.net/2013/09/how-to-fill-layer-cakes-video/

Thank you so much,I am learning a lot from your videos

mochamoe82 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 10:59pm
post #11 of 12

This has been MOST helpful Kekeesha I appreciate that post!!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakealicious7 

Wow i just watched your link and you are so totally awesome!!!! I am definitely going to be checking your site for more tips and info,thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I love Wicked Goodies! She is awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%