How To Transfer Large Bulk Of Cupake? Please Help!

Decorating By Anna1211 Updated 16 Sep 2013 , 1:15am by mfeagan

Anna1211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna1211 Posted 13 Sep 2013 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

Hi guys,

I was wondering how you guys usually transfer your cupcakes in large bulk. Im currently using the wilton carrier that only carries 12 at a time and its terrible! Its too shallow and it rolls over just went you put it on the car seat for a second. I also use the plastic boxes from paper mate but it gets expensive and i dont think its good for long term especially when i have to deliver 100 -200cupcakes to one location sometimes What do you guys use? Please share your thoughts and ideas. Thank you so much for your time!

Anna

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Sep 2013 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 3

ACake boxes plus inserts. If these are for paid orders cost should not be an issue since (like all other supplies) it is passed on to the customer.

Here is a good source: http://www.brpboxshop.com/cupcake-boxes-and-holders-standard.html

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 1:15am
post #3 of 3

We have a local cake supply store and I purchase their plastic cupcake containers that are the clam shell style. They are a fairly descent price, but I will be purchasing the cardboard cake boxes with cupcake inserts from Papermart. I already purchase the single cupcake boxes with cupcake inserts for a bridal shop I supply cupcakes for weekly. They are great quality. They work wonderfully! Much better price than the plastic containers. 

I would honestly stick with just a dozen at a time in a box as well. The larger the box, the flimsier it will get when you add all those cupcakes. I had an order for 12 dozen and purchased 12 dozen boxes. 

A trick to transporting your items so they don't slide around when transporting them is drawer liner. You can get it at the dollar store. I cut mine up and use it under cakes and cupcakes. I also put it in between boxes of cupcakes if I stack them on top of each other. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%