Coffee Syrups For Flavorings....

Decorating By debsuewoo Updated 18 Sep 2005 , 8:48pm by IHATEFONDANT

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

Has anybody ever used the different flavored coffee syrups in any part of their baking or decorating? I so want to try adding some to my icing to see what happens! Anyone?

6 replies
tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 5:57am
post #2 of 7

I have also considered trying this out, Debbi. There are just so many flavors to choose from. I would love to try something like this out. I hope someone who has answers this post soon!

Tanya

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 7

Are you talking about the ones like International Delight creamers? I have tried those before. The one problem I had when I used it in cakes is that there wasn't enough liquid and my cakes fell in the middle so I am real hesitant to use them in the batters but on the up side, I've used them in my BC and they give a really nice subtle flavor, especially if your doing chocolate, I used the chocolate cream, it was really yummy!!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 7

No, I'm talking about the syrups in the bottle, you know, the Amaretto, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, etc....

Debbi

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 7

I've wondered about this myself......I have quite a few flavors of the Torani syrups, since we liked making our own flavored latte's....I'll be curious to know if you can use these in cakes or icings.

katiebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiebug Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 7

I use these syrups to make my cake balls ..or cake truffles as I like to call them. icon_wink.gif I love the Davinci syrups, my favorite is the raspberry in chocolate cake crumbs...Yummmmmmmy! thumbs_up.gif

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Boy these sound good!!!

Have never seen or heard of these syrups....where do you get them??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%