Kopykake Not Projecting At All

Decorating By texascakebaker Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 5:01pm by texascakebaker

texascakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texascakebaker Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:54am
post #1 of 7

Was excited to open and assemble my new Kopykake for a project this week... Huge disappointment so far. I put a piece of paper with a word into the projector and I can't see it projected at all.

I have removed the protective film from the mirror, taped my paper onto firmer paper so it doesn't warp, and moved the lens up and down to try to get it to focus.

The "owner's manual" is one-page, and I tried googling, but apparently no one else has had this problem???

Help! Any advice would be appreciated!

6 replies
wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 5:15am
post #2 of 7

A couple of things come to mind, is the word written in pencil it may not be written dark enough to see, the second thing, if you have the projector that has the square box on top and the round lens on the bottom of the box you can turn that lens to enlarge or reduce your image if it is on the reduce it may just be too small. Hope that makes sense. Keep trying you will love it.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 6:35am
post #3 of 7

If you don't have any success send an email to Copykake.  I had trouble with my light globes and I have found them to be one of the most helpful companies I have ever dealt with.  They go way and beyond to keep their customers satisfied and will do everything within their powers to help you.

texascakebaker Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 7

AYes, the image is printed in black ink, so I am not sure what's going on. I guess I will e-mail then! Thank you!

maggieg99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggieg99 Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 7

OK, as simplistic as this may  sound,  do you have the image placed into the prongs on the door?  Or  did you place it inside the box, below the mirror.  This is in no way a reflection on your intellegence - I did this exact thing when I first purchased mine, used from Craigslist with no instructions. 

texascakebaker Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 7

AYeah, it's in the prongs! :-D

texascakebaker Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 7

AWell, it finally dawned on me that my projector head was lower than the one in the picture, so I moved it up and it works!!! This thing is so cool now that I got it going!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%