Oh Boy!! Does Size Really Matter??

Decorating By soldiernurse Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 5:01pm by soldiernurse

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 10

Screenshot_2013-06-16-14-58-34.png

Yes it does!!  :grin:    I am having a difficult time figuring out the sizes of these lines. There are 3 different sizes.  Look at  the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tiers. Does anyone know what sizes [lines]  each of them are? I am making them tonight.  Please help pros!!:shock:

9 replies
soldiernurse Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 10

Screenshot_2013-06-16-14-58-34.png

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 10

Imma gonna say, and only because I've made a lot of the size I'm guessing, 6/9/12/15

taartenmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartenmaker Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 10

the two lowest 'tiers'''with the reinstones are a cake stand, the actual cake starts at the tier with the stripes, i am sure the cake is 6'' 10'' 14'' 18'', not smaller for sure

soldiernurse Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 10

I'm sorry guys...not the tier sizes but the sizes of the strips on the tiers..you know, the silver strip the goes around the top tier, the vertical white strips on the 2nd tier, the diamond pattern on the 3rd tier and the vertical strips on the 4th tier...sorry for confusing you!!8)

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 10

Have I read the question right...?  You want to know how wide the vertical stripes on the bottom tier are and how wide the lines of the diamonds are?

If so, I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but I think you're over-thinking it! :wink:

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 10

from the bottom:  1/4 or 1/3", 1", 1/2"

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 10

I don't see why that matters. It's just a proportion thing. Adjust your ribbon cutter when it's time to what looks right. ??

soldiernurse Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relznik 

Have I read the question right...?  You want to know how wide the vertical stripes on the bottom tier are and how wide the lines of the diamonds are?

If so, I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but I think you're over-thinking it! :wink:

You are probably right!! I'm known to do that, believe me! I'm just analytical. A career by-product!

soldiernurse Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 5:00pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

I don't see why that matters. It's just a proportion thing. Adjust your ribbon cutter when it's time to what looks right. ??

I wanted to try to replicate it as close as I could..will probably have to do just that or go with DeliciousDesserts recommendations.. tks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

from the bottom:  1/4 or 1/3", 1", 1/2"

..kinda what i was thinking too...around midnight last night....wasn't sure if I was thinking rationally though!  tks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%