Gender Reveal Cakes For Twins!

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 12:26pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

Hi all-

Doing a reveal party for a friend of mine's daughter.  She is having twins for sure but once the ***es are determined I'm the only one who will know.  The tech is going to seal the envelope and give it to me.

She wants cupcakes so everyone can bite into them at the same time revealing what the babies are.

Melissa

Any ideas?

4 replies
hislilbaker89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hislilbaker89 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 1:59am
post #2 of 5

AFill the centers with a baked in filling in the colored of the gender ie. Boy/girl so they get a filling and ur not dying dying the whole cupcake or u could do any filling and color it.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 3:04am
post #3 of 5

AMight I suggest minis? It sounds like a nice idea, but when I bite into a cupcake I don't get anywhere near where the filling would be. So to me it would be this anticlimactic moment when people take a few bites in to a cupcake and some goof with a big mouth bluts it out before everyone sees the center.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 10:46am
post #4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Might I suggest minis? It sounds like a nice idea, but when I bite into a cupcake I don't get anywhere near where the filling would be. So to me it would be this anticlimactic moment when people take a few bites in to a cupcake and some goof with a big mouth bluts it out before everyone sees the center.

There is a good possibility that people will be blurting out, "it's a boy and it's a girl", at the same time.  We have a student in our class and her mom just had a twins- a boy and a girl.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 5

AHere is another post about gender reveal cupcakes. http://cakecentral.com/t/762023/gender-reveal#post_7430115

If the twins are going to be one boy and one girl, you could do pink/blue polka dots, cheetah spots, or zebra stripes. (the link to the tutorial for those is in the above thread.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%