Need Advice On Open House

Business By lefty64 Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 7:06am by lefty64

lefty64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lefty64 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 3

AIn need of advice--I have just started my business and am having an Open House with two other crafters to try to get some business. I am going to do a dummy wedding cake and a couple of other dummy cake for show. I am going to serve cake for tasting--maybe a couple of different kinds. I am also going to have some 6" very simply decorated cakes for sale. Is there anything else that I should do or think about? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Diane

2 replies
sabrinassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabrinassweets Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:20am
post #2 of 3

Hi! That sounds fun! I did something similar when I started a few years ago, I debuted my sweets at a local florist's shop. I did the dummy cakes, had lots of pictures, signs, business cards, brochures, and samples.. I did not sell anything because it was just introducing my business and letting people try the goods... The business I got from it though, was great within a week, people were calling me about birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, showers, etc... The thing too, is if you take things to sell and if they don't sell, well then you are left with perishable cake that you will have to give away anyways.. So, my advice would be just to show off what you have and can do and then offer the samples.. Hope is goes well, keep us posted!:smile:

lefty64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lefty64 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 7:06am
post #3 of 3

AThank you so much. I am so excited and a little nervous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%