What's With All The Cake Safe Reviews Today?!

Lounge By jennicake Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 9:46am by lindseyjhills

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:21am
post #1 of 65

Just wondering why all the sudden cake safe love from people who just joined today, or haven't posted in years.  What the heck is happening?

64 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:44am
post #2 of 65

AI assume they were sent here for some reason, it's certainly fishy.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:52am
post #3 of 65

I just saw that thread and thought WT???!!! The whole thing reads like a bad late night infomercial! Lol!

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:56am
post #4 of 65

I was just wondering that as well! There are what....3 or 4 threads now? Was there some request for Cake Central members to post their reviews here or something?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:08am
post #5 of 65

AMaybe they asked customers to post positive reviews if they were happy. Lots of businesses do that. I wouldn't assume anything untoward as I believe it's a great product (though I don't own one).

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:19am
post #6 of 65

AThis could be a case of "astroturfing", which is basically a fake grassroots movement that relies on bribing people to get the word out via social media and message boards. If that's what this is, it seems bizarre that CakeSafe would resort to this since they seem to have a fine product.

KateCoughlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateCoughlin Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 5:55am
post #7 of 65

Sad to say its working...I just checked them out and man do I want one!!  LOL  Seriously never heard of this before even though my husband has told me so many times "there has to be something out there" while we jimmy-rig our setup for transporting cakes.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 6:15am
post #8 of 65

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

This could be a case of "astroturfing", which is basically a fake grassroots movement that relies on bribing people to get the word out via social media and message boards. If that's what this is, it seems bizarre that CakeSafe would resort to this since they seem to have a fine product.

you're working for them aren't you?!?!! :D

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 6:23am
post #9 of 65

AIt's not even covert. It's such obvious advertising. I don't understand why they do it either. The product seems to speak for itself.

Nadiaa Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:44am
post #10 of 65

I just looked them up too, they do look awesome! Although the type of 'advertising' happening on this site is kinda turning me off. Does anyone know how much they are? Are they super mega bucks? Lol!

KateCoughlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateCoughlin Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 12:47pm
post #11 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadiaa 

I just looked them up too, they do look awesome! Although the type of 'advertising' happening on this site is kinda turning me off. Does anyone know how much they are? Are they super mega bucks? Lol!

Yes - big mega bucks!  Least for most home bakers.  The smallest safe starts at $299 (mini - 17" base) and goes up to $495 (large - 26" base).  And don't forget all the accessories or should I say necessary parts (dowels, plates, foam pad base) not included.  AND shipping costs that they will confirm via email only after placing your order.  I'm sure that's a hefty fee considering the sheer size.  It looks like they do have a few store retailers but not in many states (CA, NY, VA, PA, WA).  Oh and one in Canada (Ontario).

You can submit your best (or worst) cake delivery story to win a free cake safe.  Or you can get a discount for multiple orders...I wish!!

Nadiaa Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 1:00pm
post #12 of 65

AOMGosh!!! That's expensive alright!! I'm guessing they could only be used with cakes that are supported by foam core? Because that rod needs to go through the whole cake. We don't use foam core here in Australia, although even if I could afford one, the postage would kill me!!

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:17pm
post #13 of 65

AI agree, it's kinda doubtful the owners have much to do with this. But it's all so spammy and telemarketer ish that it turns me off the product too. Blech

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:18pm
post #14 of 65

AI think the word is embarrassing.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 3:41pm
post #15 of 65

I don't understood the attitude that it's a must have and I didn't care for the suggestion that everyone should put a little money aside every month and buy one because we're all  "worth it".   If  people on CC who are having trouble with sliding or whatever are led to believe that this product is necessary for delivering cakes, it will be a shame if they spend a lot of money on one of these when learning a little more about cake stacking would have solved the problem

howsweet Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:01pm
post #16 of 65

The thing that surprises me is that so many husbands love this product and so many people take their husbands to cake shows. I've just never noticed that. Personally, the last thing I want with me at a cake show is a husband lol

BrandisBaked Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 4:15pm
post #17 of 65

AI would take my husband with me to a cake show. The question is whether he would go without whining the whole time that he'd rather be fishing. Heh.

lindseyjhills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyjhills Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 7:20pm
post #18 of 65

AHa ha - the whole 'my husband approves' vibe is totally bewildering to me. My business, my money, my investment - hub's opinion doesn't come into it! The only way I'd get him to a cake show is if I told him Claudia Schiffer would be doing a cake demo naked :-D

kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 7:32pm
post #19 of 65

ASo the review thread got deleted?

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 7:38pm
post #20 of 65

A

Original message sent by kaylawaylalayla

So the review thread got deleted?

Yep, tried to post earlier but it told me permission denied.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:11pm
post #21 of 65

AAww I spent like a whole minute and a half trying to write cake safe satire. Oh well.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:14pm
post #22 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

So the review thread got deleted?

Are you talking about this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/t/755127/peer-review-cake-club/420

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:18pm
post #23 of 65

A

Original message sent by kaylawaylalayla

Aww I spent like a whole minute and a half trying to write cake safe satire. Oh well.

Loool!!

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:21pm
post #24 of 65

A

No, there were some ridiculous ads being posted for cake safe today.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:27pm
post #25 of 65

ANo no. The review of cake safe thread. Just curious lol.

cakealicious7 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:30pm
post #26 of 65

AHmmm are you sure kayla?? You sure your not getting a cake safe out of it???

BrandisBaked Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:36pm
post #27 of 65

AI want a cake safe!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:40pm
post #28 of 65

One of the well known members here was telling me she was going to make a HUGE cake and take her cakesafe out mudding! lol She seems to really like hers..lol

howsweet Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:42pm
post #29 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyjhills 

Ha ha - the whole 'my husband approves' vibe is totally bewildering to me. My business, my money, my investment - hub's opinion doesn't come into it! The only way I'd get him to a cake show is if I told him Claudia Schiffer would be doing a cake demo naked icon_biggrin.gif

I know, right? But if hubby is funding something that's more like cake charity, then he should have say, right? I'm not down on someone having a great relationship with their spouse and wanting to do things together, but when you go to these events, you don't see a lot couples strolling the aisles together.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 8:44pm
post #30 of 65

ALol. No. I actually barely even bake these days. Shhh don't tell cake central, they mighy kick me out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%