Decorating Help.. Ideas Anyone?

Decorating By aprilfromLa Updated 6 Sep 2013 , 9:03pm by cheeseball

aprilfromLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilfromLa Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 2

AHi y'all! First I'm going to put in a little "disclosure" here before I get on with my question lol..

I am by no means a professional, i never plan to be. I'm sort of creative.. I mean I have the ideas in my head but sometimes I have trouble getting the ideas out of my brain onto whatever it is I'm trying to do. So please bare with me and understand I am so very new to decorating cakes but I really enjoy reading and learning from you.

This coming Sunday I'm going to make my girls their 7th birthday party cake. One is my daughter and the other is my foster daughter. The theme is My little Pony. One wants rainbow dash, the other twilight sparkle :)

For rainbow dash, I will be doing the rainbow cake and I plan on coloring the buttercream a sky blue and since my daughter insists she lives in the clouds i will have to put those on there too. I thought it would be cute with cotton candy clouds but that will probably melt, right? I'm going to put this one on a cake stand with a rainbow dash toy we bought yesterday. And I was going to put the twilight sparkle cake ( a neopolitan cake with strawberry buttercream) a few inches below the rainbow one kind of to the side with a rainbow I'm going to try to make with a poster board attaching it to both cakes with a straw or rod. Not sure yet. I'm going to use pieces of tissue paper to color the rainbow so it will kind of look "fluffy". And since twilight sparkle lives in a library in ponyville (I think) I'm going to pipe grass or something with some rainbow flowers surrounding the twilight sparkle toy. I thought about just tinting coconut to make the grass but I'm not sure how that would taste with all the other flavors of this cake.

We are having the party at a hotel where my sister is the manager, lol, so I was going to make and frost the cakes the best I could and finish them up at the hotel. Since the rainbow cake is 6 layers and the other will be at least 5 I pray I can make it the 20 miles to the hotel.

I hope I was able to put this vision in your head like it is in mine.

If you have any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate anything you can give me. I

Thanks in advance

1 reply
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%