Massa Grischuna Neutral Versus Carma Massa Ticino

Decorating By dganna Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 3:30am by dganna

dganna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dganna Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 4

Massa Grischuna Neutral versus Carma Massa Ticino -- Has anyone out there tried both? How do they compare?

Thanks for your feedback in advance! 

3 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 4

I did a fondant test about 2 years ago, which included both of these.  They are very similar and both are great.  They were my two favorites.  The tropic is a whiter color, whereas the grischuna neutral is very slightly off white.  I   like the taste of the neutral better.  The tropic tastes very good, but has a very slight chemical odor at first, and is overall less sweet, although it tasted very nice on the cake.  The grischuna tstes like those white nougat Brachs candies that have the little gel pieces in them.  iI eat it out of the bucket.  They both handle beautifully. They do not need any added shortening or PS or CS to work with.  I use the mat, and they both work well without sticking, drying or cracking.  Grischuna neutral is my go to.  I always have it on hand.  It comes in 2 days from albert uster imports, and their service is great.  There are some fabulous bakers here on CC who use the tropic.  You would probably love either one.  If you contact the suppliers, they may send you samples or have small amounts to try.  

http://cakecentral.com/t/744330/whats-your-favorite-ready-made-fondant

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma 

I did a fondant test about 2 years ago, which included both of these.  They are very similar and both are great.  They were my two favorites.  The tropic is a whiter color, whereas the grischuna neutral is very slightly off white.  I   like the taste of the neutral better.  The tropic tastes very good, but has a very slight chemical odor at first, and is overall less sweet, although it tasted very nice on the cake.  The grischuna tstes like those white nougat Brachs candies that have the little gel pieces in them.  iI eat it out of the bucket.  They both handle beautifully. They do not need any added shortening or PS or CS to work with.  I use the mat, and they both work well without sticking, drying or cracking.  Grischuna neutral is my go to.  I always have it on hand.  It comes in 2 days from albert uster imports, and their service is great.  There are some fabulous bakers here on CC who use the tropic.  You would probably love either one.  If you contact the suppliers, they may send you samples or have small amounts to try.  

http://cakecentral.com/t/744330/whats-your-favorite-ready-made-fondant

Ditto.

dganna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dganna Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

Wow! That really covers everything I needed to know, Yortma. I'm a little embarrassed for not having searched it myself first before posting my question, but thank you so much. That was a great dissertation!! 

Thanks, too, for the input, Stitches.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%