Shipping Cupcakes?

Decorating By just4fun26 Updated 3 Sep 2013 , 7:09pm by just4fun26

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 5:50am
post #1 of 11

AHas anyone ever done this successfully? I would like to send a friend some cupcakes for her birthday in October, I live in Missouri, she in California. At first I thought I could not use my buttercream as icing and would need to use fondant but I've read where some people have froze the made cupcakes and shipped them over night? Any ideas or suggestions?

10 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 10:47am
post #2 of 11

There have been many threads about shipping cupcakes but I don't remember their details. You might try using the search function

just4fun26 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 11

AI did try that. I'll read thru more throughly. Thank you.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 11

It will be a pita. Could you send cookies instead?

just4fun26 Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 11

AHowsweet, I can, I've been bouncing around how I'm going to do this. I found a blog from a year ago after posting this on how Georgetown Cupcakes ships theirs. I would bake and decorate the cupcakes the night before, freeze them, then ship them overnight via FedEx. Also need some super sturdy boxes and an ice pack. Hmmm. She's a very dear friend or I would not even be considering this. My plan WAS to bake her cupcakes when she came back last month but instead I broke my ankle and she took me to my second surgery, while supposed to be on vacation. If anyone deserves this attempt, it's her. She's always telling people how delicious my cupcakes are and I felt bad not being able to help her indulge.

howsweet Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 11

Of course if it's worth the trouble and expense to you, then go for it. Another thought, though not so elegant, but to make sure it doesn't arrive as a mess you could send the icing in a disposable piping bag. 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 7:02am
post #7 of 11

I saw somewhere how you bake them in the small canning jars, decorate the tops and seal them. Ship and go. Since they are baked "in the glass", they "stick", so decorations have a chance to make it.

Just a thought....

howsweet Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 11

Well, good luck - let us know how it goes!

just4fun26 Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 11

AI saw those as well. I've got a month s I may make some and give them to my fiance to shake around and see how they hold up if frozen.

I will certainly let everyone know how it works. She knows this is my first time shipping cupcakes and it may be a disaster. I'm sending one of those jar mixes as well.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4fun26 
I'm sending one of those jar mixes as well.

I don't know if I said... it is actually baked in the jar... not a dry mix "DIY" cupcake. 

just4fun26 Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 7:06pm
post #11 of 11

A

Original message sent by johnson6ofus

I don't know if I said... it is actually baked in the jar... not a dry mix "DIY" cupcake. 

Im sorry, I mixed up my thoughts. I have seen what you are talking about. I'm going to see what all is involved in making a cupcake in a jar. I meant I am sending one of those jars with all the dry ingredients and instructions as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%