Edible Image Price?

Decorating By Baking Sis Updated 29 Aug 2013 , 5:03pm by Crissa

Baking Sis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Sis Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 3

My cousin has asked me to make cakes for my uncle's 80th birthday.  He wants a Model A car on one and an old tractor on another. 

I called the nearest store bakery (24 miles away), and yes, they do print out edible images for people. However, the one & only gal that knows how to do it, is on vacation until tomorrow.  icon_rolleyes.gif   Cakes are for this Saturday...

Today I am on the net trying to find good pictures that can be used.  My question is  what kind of price is normally charged per image?  Has anyone else ever had images made by a store bakery and how did it work out?  I really don't want to draw them out on the cakes...too much work! And too much detail!  Even though I don't get paid for the cakes, I would rather pay for the images than use up hours of my time drawing in frosting!  Thanks for any imput! 

2 replies
jellybeanking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanking Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 3

if you are in the UK you can go to an asda store near you and they have a seperate home made bakery section.

go there and ask for an edible image cake i think they charge about 10 or 15 pounds in total. 

Hope this helped :) - jellybeanking king.gif

Crissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissa Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 3

AI get mine through someone on ETSY. You could try and find someone near you to cut back on time and shipping costs. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%