How To Post A Photo

Decorating By howsweet Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 6:10pm by BatterUpCake

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 8

I don't know where this belongs if it's even needed because maybe  I'm missing something and people just post links to photos for a reason I'm unaware of. But if you'd like to post a photo inside your post that people don't have to click to see it, here's how:

If the photo is already online somewhere:

1) Right click on the photo

2) Left click on "copy image location"

3) Find the insert image icon in the tools where you're making your Cake Central post. On my computer, it's on the second row and the first icon to the left. When you mouse over it, it says, insert image. It's a little square. And left click on it

4) Right click in the box and hit paste. The image location you copied will be pasted in.

5) Hit "Use URL" and you're done (except it prompts you to choose a size)

If the photo is not online already. Upload it to photobucket (make your account private) or some other image hosting program. Or even Facebook if that works for you. And you then follow the same steps above.

7 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 8

Thank goodness someone else noticed, I thought it was just me that was going crazy having to click links, and I now have a bunch of photos saved on my computer that I don't want!

The other way to insert an image, which you have saved on your computer, is to click the "insert image" button, then click on "Upload files" - it will let you choose a file from your computer. It will upload. Choose the size you want (medium is fine usually, like this one below). Then click submit. 

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 8

AIt won't let me do it! Is this because I'm on an iPad do ya think?

Dayti Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 8

I just tried from my iPhone (using Safari) and it lets me, not sure if the same options are available on an iPad...for example in the reply to post box, or in the start a new thread box, there is a little grey icon that looks like a mountain with a dot in the sky - click on that and it lets you upload a photo from your device or from a URL...

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 8

The only thing I don't like about sharing a pic in a thread is it automatically goes into the gallery under new cakes...I wish they could change that...

Dayti Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

Oops, I didn't realise that, you're right!

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

The only thing I don't like about sharing a pic in a thread is it automatically goes into the gallery under new cakes...I wish they could change that...

What does that mean exactly? What happens to the pictures?

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 8

Just that they go on the front page in the new cakes album....sometimes I just want to share my pic with the people I am chatting with, like in the thread where everyone was posting their photos. BLAM there was my face, right on the front page of CC...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%