Is It Okay To Bake Super Moist Choclate Cake In Bundt Pan?

Decorating By Sal2012 Updated 28 Aug 2013 , 6:45pm by Sal2012

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 3

AThis is just a delicious recpie for super moist chocolate cake, but so far I tried to bake twice in bundt pan. The cake was disperse in pieces as I inverted from pan. Please advise what should I do. Such as bake more whatever time listed ( 30 -35 minutes) or do less add some ingredients. This is a special weekend I was asked to bake this special cake. CAKE Ingredients: 2 cups All-purpose Flour 2 cups Fine Granulated Sugar ¼ teaspoons Salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup unsalted butter softened 4 Tablespoons FULL UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER 1 tsp Coffee 1 tsp Cinnamon powder 1 cup Boiling Water 1/2 cups Buttermilk or Soured Milk (I didn't have buttemilk so I soured it with vinegar to know how to sour milk I am attaching a link for buttermilk substitute: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150180894776595&set=a.379583091594.164787.298089336594&type=1&theater) 2 whole Beaten Large Eggs 1 teaspoon Vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees or 175 C. Grease your baking pan and set aside.In a bowl   mix Flour, Sugar, Salt, and Baking Soda....

In a saucepan..melt butter once butter is melted then add cocoa powder, coffee and cinnamon...stir...Add boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool. 

In a bowl mix buttermilk/sour milk and add beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into sbaking cake pan and bake for 30-35 mins or till toothpick tests comes out clean with a little moist crumbs..

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 3

What are you using to grease your bundt pan? That will be a key part to getting the cake out without leaving bits stuck to the pan. A spray product would be better for bundt pans than just brushing on crisco or butter. You could also try baking for another couple of minutes, and also try leaving the cake in the pan longer to cool, before unmolding. Very warm cakes are also very fragile cakes. 

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 3

AI am greasing with Cisco. Last time grease with Wilton spray. Now I also learn that after greasing I should put thin film on cocoa powder.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%